Job Title: National Youth Coordinator
Location: Head Office, Dar Es Salaam
Reports to: Head of Programs
Subordinates: Youth Centre In-charges
UMATI, Chama cha Uzazi na Malezi Bora Tanzania
Chama cha Uzazi na Malezi Bora Tanzania (UMATI) established in 1959, is an autonomous voluntary National NGO originally incorporated under CAP 337 in 1973, it was established under non-governmental organization act No 24 of 2002 in 2019 with registration number 00NGO/R2/000231. It is a full Member Association (MA) of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF).
UMATI works in partnership with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Women and Special Groups and Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG) with a goal of providing Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) education, information and services in Tanzania. The Assosciation has a long leadership history in SRH Programmes in Tanzania including pioneering in Family Planning (FP) services, SRHR Programmes for young people, integrated Clinics and Community based service delivery approaches.
UMATI wishes to recruit qualified and experienced candidate to fill in the following vacantpositions;
National Youth Coordinator
The National Youth Coordinator is responsible for developing and maintaining effective and meaningful youth participation mechanisms that provide opportunities for young people to have a voice in youth issues and affairs. S/he shall be responsible for developing and implementing structures and systems for youth empowerment with specific emphasis on fostering Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Services; and identifying and sharing information and application of good practices so as to broaden the national youth development agenda.
- Ensure planning, development, implementation and administration of countrywide youth programs with accountability for the overall delivery results.
- Support the Association in establishing and maintaining effective consultations with national and local counterparts including but not limited to respective health and youth Government Ministries, local authorities, local NGOs, partners, stakeholders and donors to achieve active collaboration, cooperation and alliances on youth development.
- Network building, initiation and maintenance of key partnerships and resource mobilization for youth programs.
- Ensuring the design and establishment of an effective and results-oriented monitoring and evaluation system, that allows periodic monitoring of the projects’ results, performance, achievements, risks and challenges.
- Implement adolescent projects by involving other responsible staff and stakeholders.
- Supervise Income Generating activities at the Youth Centers.
- Identify youth needs and ensure that all activities align with UMATI APB/Project proposals.
- Ensuring knowledge building and management on youth.
- Ensure timely and adequate reporting against the work plan, including providing timely and articulate progress reports.
- Manage various projects and ensure completion within deadline by attending to every detail of assigned projects.
- Ensure integrity of financial and administrative operations in the program area by overseeing the financial and budgetary aspects of the projects.
- Conduct workshops and create awareness among the communities for user friendly Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Services.
- Develop and implement training schedules for new youths, develop appropriate tools and methods to build organizational and strong teams.
- Document the best popular practices in the development of the community, drafting the reports and evaluations and submit to relevant authorities.
- Organize youth programs including meetings, seminars, outreach and other activities.
- Ensuring a strict and consistent application of UMATI values according to relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
- Attending to any other duties as may from time to time be assigned by superiors. 3. EDUCATION AND
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public health/Social Sciences or any other related field. •
- At least four (4) years of working experience in youth SRH programs, volunteering management or project management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated understanding of social and cultural issues.
- Ability to work collaboratively with different groups of people.
- Knowledge of Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights.
- Ability to work both independently and in teams, effective in time management skills and meet deadlines.
- Computer literacy in Office applications and browsers.
- Fluent in Oral and Written English and Swahili language.
- Proven networking, team-building, organizational and communication skills.
- Capacity to work under pressure, manage stress and adapt to rapidly evolving situations.
- Ability to administer youth programs, team-building capacity including interpersonal and communication skills and ability to cope with a difficult environment.
- Demonstrated experience in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Good multi-tasking skills with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced working environment.
- Positive and pragmatic approach to achieving results.
- Willing and able to travel extensively on UMATI business.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission and values of UMATI.
National Youth Coordinator Job Opportunity at UMATI
Interested candidates should submit an application letter indicating the position applied for,
and detailed Curriculum Vitae in one document.
Applications should be submitted by 25th January 2023 to the Executive Director through
The position should be the subject of the email application.
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
UMATI is an equal opportunity employer
Women and people with disability are highly encouraged to apply.