Job Title: Temeke Youth Centre In-Charge
Location: Temeke, Dar Es Salaam
Reports to: National Youth Coordinator
UMATI, Chama cha Uzazi na Malezi Bora Tanzania
Chama cha Uzazi na Malezi Bora Tanzania (UMATI) established in 1959, is an autonomous voluntary National NGO originally incorporated under CAP 337 in 1973, it was established under non-governmental organization act No 24 of 2002 in 2019 with registration number 00NGO/R2/000231. It is a full Member Association (MA) of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF).
UMATI works in partnership with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Women and Special Groups and Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG) with a goal of providing Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) education, information and services in Tanzania. The Assosciation has a long leadership history in SRH Programmes in Tanzania including pioneering in Family Planning (FP) services, SRHR Programmes for young people, integrated Clinics and Community based service delivery approaches.
UMATI wishes to recruit qualified and experienced candidates to fill in the following vacant position;
Temeke Youth Centre In-Charge
The Youth Center Coordinator is responsible for the provision of comprehensive counseling and quality Sexual and reproductive health services to youth in accordance with national standards.
- Organizing all youth programmes including meetings, seminars, outreach, and other activities.
- Supervising Income Generating activities (IGA) at the Youth Centre.
- Implementation of adolescent projects by involving other responsible staff.
- Assisting in strengthening Youth Action Movements (YAM) structures through the establishment of youth clubs.
- Ensuring timely and adequate reporting against the work plan, including providing timely and articulate progress reports.
- Identifying youth needs and ensuring that all activities align with UMATI Business plan/Project proposals.
- Ensuring a strict and consistent application of UMATI values according to relevant legislation, policies, and procedures.
- Ensuring knowledge building and management of youth.
- Monitor and evaluate youth activities based on the project document.
- Develop and prepare materials for youth activities.
- Determine gaps in service delivery and knowledge and recommend strategies for improvement.
- Maintain awareness of service and program to youth.
- Perform other related duties as required.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration, Community Development, Social Work, or Education.
- At least three (3) years’ experience working with Youth Sexual Reproductive Health Related Projects.
- Volunteering or mentoring management is desirable.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledgeable of the legislation, regulations, policies, and procedures for Youth program development and implementation.
- Ability to administer youth programs and team-building skills.
- Effective verbal presentation and listening communications skills Effective negotiation, mediation, and counseling skills.
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Proficient in computer packages such as Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Graphics, and Website development.
- Stress management skills.
- Flexible with Time management skills.
Temeke Youth Centre In-Charge Job Opportunity at UMATI
Interested candidates should submit an application letter indicating the position applied for, and detailed Curriculum Vitae in one document.
Applications should be submitted by 25th January 2023 to the Executive Director through email firstname.lastname@example.org
The position should be the subject of the email application.
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
UMATI is an equal opportunity employer.
Women and people with disability are highly encouraged to apply.
SUBSCRIBE NOW TO OUR CHANNEL TO GET SOLVED GRADE ISSUES
JOIN US ON THE WHATSAP GROUP BY CLICK HERE