Matric results 2023 South Africa
At the end of matric, not everybody can get the results they wanted. Sometimes the stress gets the better of us and we do badly or even fail. This means that all the plans you had for tertiary education are ruined.
Luckily, a matric upgrade is your second chance at your matric exams. This way you can get another shot at doing well in your matric exams and get into whichever tertiary course you can.
One of the benefits of Online Matric is that students have the option to work and study at the same time because they can set their own study schedule
Here is everything you need to know about doing a matric upgrade.
How To Upgrade Your Matric Results
You can apply right now to do your matric course at Matric College. We offer matric courses via distance learning in English. You will be able to study with us anywhere in South Africa to achieve your academic goals.
Matric College makes learning easy! We offer an improved educational experience with exceptional attention to our students.
- You can study from home
- We offer individual help
- We have caring staff
- We are easy to connect with
A matric upgrade is a second chance at your matric final exams. Once you have written your finals and gotten your results, you can do a matric upgrade to essentially redo whichever exams that need better marks.
Once you have completed your upgrade, your new results and the results of exams that you did not redo will be consolidated into one certificate. It will be like you got the new results the first time you did matric
How long does it take?
A matric upgrade takes about a year to complete. Many students decided to do it over two years to ensure enough study time for their subject. This way, they can focus on half the subjects one year and half the next to get the best marks possible.
You also only pay for one year. If you decide to spread your studies over 2 years, you will not have to pay extra.
If you are looking to apply for a Matric Upgrade, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- You wrote your matric final exams
- Proof of your exam results
- Statement of your (previous) matric results
- ID document – certified copy
- Email address
- Cell number
When Can I Apply?
You can apply for a Matric Upgrade as soon as you get your results for your final matric exams. Ensure that you apply on time to secure your place in that year’s matric upgrade.
You can either choose to redo all of your subjects or a select few that need an improved mark. You do not have to choose the same subjects as you had in your high school matric year. Instead, you can choose subjects that can get you the best marks, or subjects you need to get into a specific course.
As long as you have a Home Language, Additional Language and Mathematics (or mathematics literacy), the 3 other subjects can be any of your choosing.
Where Will I Write my Exams?
You will write your final exams at the closest available venue to where you live. We will take care of planning where you write and keep you informed with every detail along the way.
How To Check Old Matric Results Online
- Step 1: Visit the Department of Basic Education (DBE) website.
- Step 2: Select the quick link for the exam results.
- Step 3: Insert your examination numbers.
- Step 4: You might need to provide more personal information.
- Step 5: Click the search button and your Matric results will appear.
What Time Will Matric Results 2023 Be Released?
The Department of Basic Education (DBE) has announced that the Matric results release date for 2023 is the 20th of January. It is expected that the Minister of Basic Education Angie Motshekga will announce the outcome of the final exam at 18:00, on the 19th of January 2023 in a media briefing.
What Time Will Angie Announce Matric Results?
The Minister of Basic Education of South Africa, Minister Angie Motshekga will announce the Matric results for the class of 2022 on Thursday 19 January 2023.
Students will only be able to get their results from their schools and exam centres the next day. So you can get your personal results on Friday 20 January, from your school or exam centre.
Here are the important dates for the Matric Results:
- 19 January 2023 – Minister Angie Motshekga will announce the results of the Matric Class of 2022
- 20 January 2023 – Grade 12 final exam Statements of Results available at your school or exam centre
- 3 February 2023 – Last day for students to apply for remarking or rechecking of examination papers. If you are not happy with your matric results, this is a critical date!
- 8 February 2023 – Last day to register for the 2023 May/June examinations. Also a critical date if you want to improve your matric results by rewriting a subject in the May/ June 2023 exams sitting!
- 15 March 2023 – Last day to register for the 2023 October/November examinations.
How To Get Your Matric Results Via SMS 2022
- Send your ID number and exam number via SMS to 35658.
- Both numbers must have 13 digits to be accepted, and there is a once-off cost of R3 to register.
- Once registration is completed, results will be delivered by SMS when they are released.
- Please note that the SMS will cost you R1.50
- You will receive your Matric results once they are available
Use the USSD service by dialling *120*35658#.
- After answering multiple questions, enter your ID number.
- You’ll receive your results per subject after you have completed the process.
- You’ll have the option to opt in or out to comply with the Protection of Personal Information Act.
- USSD rates apply.