UFH residence application 2024 – university of fort hare student accommodation
UFH residence application 2024 – UFH accommodation application 2024
How to apply for residence at UFH University of South Africa, Accommodation and Fees
University of Fort Hare UFH Accommodation and Fees – see details below:
JOIN THE SOUTH AFRICA ALL UNIVERSITIES COMMUNTY ON WHATSAP GROUP 👉JOIN NOW
Does Unisa have student accommodation?
What is an off campus residence?
Do you need to find somewhere to live at UFH?
It can be a bit challenging to find accommodation as a UFH student, since things may work quite differently here than in your home country. You don’t have to worry! You can count on us for assistance.
UFH can help you access a range of long and short term housing opportunities to suit different budgets. Some of your options include private rentals, student hostels, residential colleges, student apartments, and homestays.
UFH’s accommodation website is a good place to access all sorts of information about accomodation options. This is your next stop when you’ve finished reading this page!
You will be able to:
- Explore different housing options
- Find long term accommodation
- Browse our rental database
- and more!
But first …
Here are a few good things to know about finding accommodation in South Africa.
How to apply for residence at UFH University of fort hare
If you’re interested in applying for residence at the University of fort hare (UFH), you’ll need to follow these steps:
- Check if you’re eligible: Before you start your application, make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria for UFH’s residences. Typically, applicants need to be registered students with the university, and they must have paid their fees in full.
- Choose a residence: UFH offers several residence options, including apartments, flats, and single and double rooms. Check the UFH website for a list of residences and their locations, as well as their amenities and costs.
- Apply online: Once you’ve chosen a residence, you can apply online by visiting the UFH website and selecting “Residences” from the main menu. Follow the prompts to complete your application and submit any required documents, such as proof of registration and payment.
- Wait for a response: After submitting your application, you’ll need to wait for a response from UFH. Depending on the availability of space in your preferred residence, you may be offered a place immediately, or you may be placed on a waiting list.
- Accept the offer: If you’re offered a place in a UFH residence, you’ll need to accept the offer and pay any required fees or deposits. Make sure to read the terms and conditions carefully before accepting the offer.
- Move in: Once you’ve accepted the offer and paid any fees, you’ll be able to move into your UFH residence. Make sure to familiarize yourself with the rules and regulations of your residence, and enjoy your new home!
University of fort hare UFH Accommodation – See Details Below:
Student hostels are an affordable option for students living away from home for the first time and a great way to meet other students. They are popular with undergraduate students. In a student hostel you can expect
- your own fully furnished single, lockable bedroom
- shared kitchens, recreation areas, bathrooms and laundry
- electricity, gas and water consumption are normally included in the rent; internet access may be included
- some student hostels offer short term stays, subject to availability
- close to public transport
- bonds equivalent to two weeks’ rent usually apply; advance rent is normally limited to one week
Here is more information about Rooming House regulations.
When filling in the application form for an academic programme, please fill in the application form for a residence as well. It is important to attach the proof of payment for the residence application to the application form. As soon as you receive your residence admission letter, please pay your residence deposit, to secure your residence placement.
Bank: Standard Bank
Branch Code: 05 01 19
Account Name: University of Fort Hare
Account Number: 28 210 1357
Swift Code: SBZAZAJJ
Reference: Applicant’s full name
This student accommodation map will help you locate the student hostels.
Alexandra Lodge (formerly Bradford Lodge)
Close to the City. Wheelchair access for some rooms. Short term rates available. Watson Street, Rose Park
Elm Tree Lodge
Ensuite bathrooms in all rooms. Short term rates available. Gladstone Street, Fullarton
Gosse International Student Residence
Wireless internet available. Bed linen included. Short term rates available. Highgate Street, Fullarton
Wheelchair access for some rooms. Short term rates available. Cheltenham Street, Highgate
Mostly self-contained units with a bathroom and kitchen. Walk to the beach. Short term rates available. Semaphore Road, Semaphore
Managed, furnished share-houses in various locations. Utilities, internet, and gardener included.
Managed, furnished share-houses in various locations, including at Paradise (serviced by the free UFH bus to Magill and Mawson Lakes). Most utilities, internet, cleaner, and gardener included.
Torrens Valley International Residence
Open to local and international students. Close to major shopping centers and O-Bahn to City. Direct bus to Magill. Bed linen included. Wheelchair access for some rooms. Short term rates available. Smart Road, Modbury
Choose from two locations: Mawson Lakes and Pooraka for easy access to Mawson Lakes or City.
Useful services and resources
UniSafe Security Escort
UniSA Campus Connector Bus Service
NSFAS accredited accommodation for UFH students
Applications must be submitted via the NSFAS website: https://my.nsfas.org.za/
Your NSFAS application will not be considered if you
- received NSFAS funding in 2024*.
- have already completed an undergraduate degree or diploma.
- are not a South African citizen.
- need funding for a Short Learning Certificate or Programme or a postgraduate qualification.
*Students who have completed a higher certificate and will be starting a degree/diploma qualification in 2024 must re-apply for NSFAS funding.
Please visit the Unisa registration website for the registration dates: https://www.ufh.ac.za/apply/
- Returning NSFAS students who were funded in 2023 but have not yet completed their qualification: Please ensure that you are temporarily registered during Unisa’s registration period while waiting for NSFAS funding confirmation for the 2024 academic year.
- Returning NSFAS students who received funding in 2023, have been declined for funding in 2024 but have appealed the decision: Please pay the minimum registration fee while you wait for the NSFAS appeal decision, if you chose to do so.
- First-time NSFAS applicants: Please ensure that you are temporarily registered during Unisa’s registration period while waiting for NSFAS funding confirmation. If your NSFAS application is declined or delayed by the time the registration period closes, you will be expected to find alternative funding before your registration will be activated.
If your NSFAS application is provisionally approved, you do not need to pay the minimum registration fee. Your registration will be automatically activated based on NSFAS funding confirmation received by Unisa.
Appeals for new and continuing students will be open from 20January 2024 to 20 February 2024.
All students are required to appeal directly to NSFAS via the myNSFAS portal.
Visit www.nsfas.org.za for appeal supporting documents.
- All NSFAS-funded students who pay the minimum registration amount to activate their registration will be refunded.
- A refund will only be processed once NSFAS has confirmed successful processing of registration data to Unisa.
- An application for a refund is not necessary.
NSFAS bursaries (Funza Lushaka, Department of Military Veterans, and Department of Justice [TRC])
- Students funded under these bursaries must renew their funding with their funders during their applicable application dates.
- Students are encouraged to visit their funders’ webpages for application dates.
Funza Lushaka: www.funzalushaka.doe.gov.zaDepartment of Military Veterans (DMV): www.dmv.gov.za
Department of Justice (TRC): www.justice.gov.za
NOTE Please note that the demand for residences exceeds the supply. It is therefore not possible to guarantee residence space. The University, however, strives to offer residences to the majority of first year students. Residence life enhances the chances of success in studies. There are 33 residence halls in Alice, some of which are clusters. While each residence is unique, each supports excellence. Staff and student leaders live and work in each area, co-ordinating services and programmes that produces contented individuals. The office of the Residence Manager is located in the administration building.
[…] University of Fort Hare UFH Accommodation 2022 – 2023 […]