North-West University NWU residence application 2024 – NWU accommodation application 2024
How to apply for residence at NWU North-West University: Accommodation and Fees
All students – prospective and current students need to apply annually at the Residence Administration Office, Building 14K Room no. G01 & G04 yearly. An administration fee of R500.00 deposit for prospective students must be paid.
The university can help you access a range of long and short term housing opportunities to suit different budgets. Some of your options include private rentals, student hostels, residential colleges, student apartments, and homestays.
NWU’s accommodation website is a good place to access all sorts of information about accommodation options. This is your next stop when you’ve finished reading this page!
You will be able to:
- Explore different housing options
- Find long term accommodation
- Browse our rental database
- and more!
JOIN THE SOUTH AFRICA ALL UNIVERSITIES COMMUNTY ON WHATSAP GROUP 👉 JOIN NOW
Prospective students must have been informed by the Academic Administration Department that they are accepted and a student number (i.e. 12815691) must be issued.
Please note: First time applications for Post Graduate and Senior students need to pay a R380-00 application fee. If you are currently residing in a residence there is NO application fee to be paid.
Closing Dates for Application forms
Applications for 2024
First year students – 31 Augustus 2023
Senior students – 2 September 2023
Postgraduate students – 2 September 2023
First-year Residence Applicants
Late Applications – Prospective first-year students 2023
Please fill in this form if you would like to APPLY with late applications for placement in NWU Residences (Vanderbijlpark Campus) for 2023.
Application and Rules and Regulations for Residences
How to apply for student accommodation
- Obtain a residence application form from the Residence Administration Office and submit the form on or before the dates supplied by the Residence Administration Office.
- Residence admission, depending on the availability of space, is only possible upon successful academic acceptance as set out in the placement procedure.
- Successful applicants will be notified and late applications will be placed on a waiting list.
- Students must apply yearly for residence accommodation.
How to apply for residence at NWU North-West University
If you’re interested in applying for residence at the North-West University, you’ll need to follow these steps:
- Check if you’re eligible: Before you start your application, make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria for NWU’s residences. Typically, applicants need to be registered students with the university, and they must have paid their fees in full.
- Choose a residence: it offers several residence options, including apartments, flats, and single and double rooms. Check the NWU website for a list of residences and their locations, as well as their amenities and costs.
- Apply online: Once you’ve chosen a residence, you can apply online by visiting the website and selecting “Residences” from the main menu. Follow the prompts to complete your application and submit any required documents, such as proof of registration and payment.
- Wait for a response: After submitting your application, you’ll need to wait for a response from university. Depending on the availability of space in your preferred residence, you may be offered a place immediately, or you may be placed on a waiting list.
- Accept the offer: If you’re offered a place in a University residence, you’ll need to accept the offer and pay any required fees or deposits. Make sure to read the terms and conditions carefully before accepting the offer.
- Move in: Once you’ve accepted the offer and paid any fees, you’ll be able to move into your NWU residence. Make sure to familiarize yourself with the rules and regulations of your residence, and enjoy your new home!
Forms can also be downloaded (PDF Format)
- First year’s application form 2023
- Snr Students Application forms 2023
- Postgraduate application form 2023
All required documentation must be attached before application forms will be considered for final residence placement. Please note it is an ONLINE- Application system for all three academic levels.
For residence inquiries and applications only, contact – Karin Venter / 018-985-2137
Rules and Regulation Booklet – June 2017 (PDF Format)
Rules and Regulation Booklet – reviewed version
Please complete this form if you would like to cancel your residence placement for next year
Do you need to find somewhere to live at NWU?
It can be a bit challenging to find accommodation as a NWU student, since things may work quite differently here than in your home country. You don’t have to worry! You can count on us for assistance.
NSFAS accredited accommodation for NWU students
Applications must be submitted via the NSFAS website: https://my.nsfas.org.za/
Your NSFAS application will not be considered if you
- received NSFAS funding in 2023*.
- have already completed an undergraduate degree or diploma.
- are not a South African citizen.
- need funding for a Short Learning Certificate or Programme or a postgraduate qualification.
*Students who have completed a higher certificate and will be starting a degree/diploma qualification in 2024 must re-apply for NSFAS funding.
Please visit the NWU registration website for the registration dates:
- Returning NSFAS students who were funded in 2023 but have not yet completed their qualification: Please ensure that you are temporarily registered during the registration period while waiting for NSFAS funding confirmation for the 2024 academic year.
- Returning NSFAS students who received funding in 2023, have been declined for funding in 2024 but have appealed the decision: Please pay the minimum registration fee while you wait for the NSFAS appeal decision, if you chose to do so.
- First-time NSFAS applicants: Please ensure that you are temporarily registered during the registration period while waiting for NSFAS funding confirmation. If your NSFAS application is declined or delayed by the time the registration period closes, you will be expected to find alternative funding before your registration will be activated.
If your NSFAS application is provisionally approved, you do not need to pay the minimum registration fee. Your registration will be automatically activated based on NSFAS funding confirmation received by NWU.
Appeals for new and continuing students will be open from 20 January 2024 to 20 February 2024.
All students are required to appeal directly to NSFAS via the myNSFAS portal.
Visit www.nsfas.org.za for appeal supporting documents.
- All NSFAS-funded students who pay the minimum registration amount to activate their registration will be refunded.
- A refund will only be processed once NSFAS has confirmed successful processing of registration data to NWU.
- An application for a refund is not necessary.
NSFAS bursaries (Funza Lushaka, Department of Military Veterans, and Department of Justice [TRC])
- Students funded under these bursaries must renew their funding with their funders during their applicable application dates.
- Students are encouraged to visit their funders’ webpages for application dates.
Funza Lushaka: www.funzalushaka.doe.gov.za Department of Military Veterans (DMV): www.dmv.gov.za
Department of Justice (TRC): www.justice.gov.za