College of African Wildlife Management (CAWM) Mweka
College of African Wildlife Management (CAWM) Mweka: The College was established by an Act of Parliament called “The College of African Wildlife Management Act, 1964”. The Act provided for the creation of the Governing Body responsible for supervising the College. The composition of the original Governing Body was evidently regional in that all the three East African states (Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda) were represented. They have ever since remained active members of the Governing Body of the College.
The College of African Wildlife Management (CAWM), Mweka is the leading institution in professional and technical training in Wildlife and Tourism Management. It was established by the Tanzania Act of Parliament Number 8 of 1964. The College is registered and recognized as a Centre of Excellence by the East African Community (EAC) and Southen African Development Community (SADC).
To Become A Center Of Excellence For Professional And Technical Training In Addressing The Challenges Of Wildlife Sustainability In Africa
To Provide The Highest Standards Of Technical Training By Engaging A Global Community And Undertaking Research And Consultancies In Order To Meet The Needs Of Wildlife And Tourism Management In Africa
Why Study At CAWM
- It is dedicated in providing high quality field practical training and produce competent graduands.
- Opportunity to visit different protected areas of Tanzania, each with unique features offering different experiences and knowledge
- It has modern and adequate infrastructures and facilitates
- Opportunity to interact with different people from within and outside Tanzania and therefore experience different cultural diversity
Why should we approach you as an individual to study at Mweka?
- We recognise and attend to individual career aspirations for focused prospective students like you
- Our training programmes will develop your knowledge, skills and attitude in wildlife management according to your career aspirations. If you are aspiring to become a wildlife manager, wildlife-based tourism service provider, wildlife researcher, we can guide you to achieve your career vision.
- As alumni of the College you will join a global network of dedicated wildlife managers.