WSU residence application 2024 – WSU accommodation application 2024
The university can help you access a range of long and short term housing opportunities to suit different budgets. Some of your options include private rentals, student hostels, residential colleges, student apartments, and homestays.
WSU’s accommodation website is a good place to access all sorts of information about accommodation options. This is your next stop when you’ve finished reading this page!
You will be able to:
- Explore different housing options
- Find long term accommodation
- Browse our rental database
- and more!
How to apply for residence at WSU Walter Sisulu University: Accommodation and Fees
At student residences, we believe in family.
Our main objective is to provide a quality living and learning environment to our students and the stakeholders of the University.
The Student Residence family assists you whenever you experience problems, no matter how big or small.
Your problem is our problem.
Over the years, our campus residences have accommodated a number of residential students who today are leaders in the industry, public and private sectors.
It is expected of residence students to use more than just a class/lecture room: numerous activities are available for our residence students to participate in.
Our philosophy as the Student Residence Department is to “contribute to the holistic development of a student.
Crime is very high in our society and the University is doing its best to protect residence students.
Resident students are urged to take care of themselves and make sure they walk in groups on and outside the campus.
People who choose WSU become part of the innovation generation – a generation that makes a difference, today and tomorrow.
The annual residence league of various sport codes, held during April/May, has proven to be very popular amongst our students.
Workshops arranged for the residence governance structures and general students focus on issues such as leadership, interpersonal skills, HIV/Aids, sexuality and pregnancy, diversity, housekeeping and study skills.
Due to the very high demand for student accommodation in residences, we are unable to offer all applicants accommodation in the residences.
Supplementary and aegrotat exams will not be considered for room allocations.
A student must be registered for a minimum of three courses.
Residence allocation is on a first-come, first-serve basis.
JOIN THE SOUTH AFRICA ALL UNIVERSITIES COMMUNTY ON WHATSAP GROUP 👉 JOIN NOW
Do you need to find somewhere to live at WSU?
It can be a bit challenging to find accommodation as a WSU student, since things may work quite differently here than in your home country. You don’t have to worry! You can count on us for assistance.
How to apply for residence at WSU Walter Sisulu University
If you’re interested in applying for residence at the Walter Sisulu University, you’ll need to follow these steps:
- Check if you’re eligible: Before you start your application, make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria for WSU’s residences. Typically, applicants need to be registered students with the university, and they must have paid their fees in full.
- Choose a residence: it offers several residence options, including apartments, flats, and single and double rooms. Check the WSU website for a list of residences and their locations, as well as their amenities and costs.
- Apply online: Once you’ve chosen a residence, you can apply online by visiting the website and selecting “Residences” from the main menu. Follow the prompts to complete your application and submit any required documents, such as proof of registration and payment.
- Wait for a response: After submitting your application, you’ll need to wait for a response from university. Depending on the availability of space in your preferred residence, you may be offered a place immediately, or you may be placed on a waiting list.
- Accept the offer: If you’re offered a place in a University residence, you’ll need to accept the offer and pay any required fees or deposits. Make sure to read the terms and conditions carefully before accepting the offer.
- Move in: Once you’ve accepted the offer and paid any fees, you’ll be able to move into your WSU residence. Make sure to familiarize yourself with the rules and regulations of your residence, and enjoy your new home!
NSFAS accredited accommodation for WSU students
Applications must be submitted via the NSFAS website: https://my.nsfas.org.za/
Your NSFAS application will not be considered if you
- received NSFAS funding in 2023*.
- have already completed an undergraduate degree or diploma.
- are not a South African citizen.
- need funding for a Short Learning Certificate or Programme or a postgraduate qualification.
*Students who have completed a higher certificate and will be starting a degree/diploma qualification in 2024 must re-apply for NSFAS funding.
Please visit the WSU registration website for the registration dates:
- Returning NSFAS students who were funded in 2023 but have not yet completed their qualification: Please ensure that you are temporarily registered during the registration period while waiting for NSFAS funding confirmation for the 2024 academic year.
- Returning NSFAS students who received funding in 2023, have been declined for funding in 2024 but have appealed the decision: Please pay the minimum registration fee while you wait for the NSFAS appeal decision, if you chose to do so.
- First-time NSFAS applicants: Please ensure that you are temporarily registered during the registration period while waiting for NSFAS funding confirmation. If your NSFAS application is declined or delayed by the time the registration period closes, you will be expected to find alternative funding before your registration will be activated.
If your NSFAS application is provisionally approved, you do not need to pay the minimum registration fee. Your registration will be automatically activated based on NSFAS funding confirmation received by WSU.
Appeals for new and continuing students will be open from 20 January 2024 to 20 February 2024.
All students are required to appeal directly to NSFAS via the myNSFAS portal.
Visit www.nsfas.org.za for appeal supporting documents.
- All NSFAS-funded students who pay the minimum registration amount to activate their registration will be refunded.
- A refund will only be processed once NSFAS has confirmed successful processing of registration data to WSU.
- An application for a refund is not necessary.
NSFAS bursaries (Funza Lushaka, Department of Military Veterans, and Department of Justice [TRC])
- Students funded under these bursaries must renew their funding with their funders during their applicable application dates.
- Students are encouraged to visit their funders’ webpages for application dates.
Department of Justice (TRC): www.justice.gov.za
Subscribe to our WhatsApp channel to get the latest posts delivered right to your dm.