What is the pass mark for nursing?
Student nurses must pass all the written and oral/practical examinations for each level before proceeding to the next level. The pass mark is 50 percent: Introductory Study Examination – 4 papers. Failure in 1 or 2 papers—Supplemental – Supplementary examination.
THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR ENTRY INTO NURSING SCIENCE PROGRAMMES
(i) A full matriculation endorsement, exemption or conditional exemption or its approved foreign equivalent, A minimum of 30 matric points,
(ii) A pass in English of at least 40% (E symbol) at the higher grade (HG) or 50% (D symbol) at the standard grade (SG), and
(iii) A pass in Biology of at least 40% (E symbol) at the higher grade (HG) or 50% (D symbol) at the standard grade (SG).
PROGRAMME RULES (B Cur)
To register for 3rd level modules a student shall have passed all 1st year modules. To register for 4th level modules a student shall have passed all 2nd level modules. In order to progress the subsequent level major a candidate shall complete the necessary requirements and obtain a pass mark in the preceding level. Where a support course or module is a pre-requisite a candidate shall be required to complete and pass the pre-requisite course or module in order to register the specific module.
EXPERIENTAL LEARNING (CLINICAL EXPERIENCE)
A total of four thousand (4000) hours experiential learning must be completed (SANC Regulation R425) Practical work shall be undertaken at health related institutions approved by the SANC. Minimum hours for experiential learning shall be based on the directive set by the SANC. A learner shall keep a record of his/her clinical performance as prescribed for each level of study. This includes workbooks for General Nursing, Community Health Nursing, Midwifery, Psychiatry Nursing, Research project report, SANC Regulations file. Such records shall be signed by a professional nurse responsible for the clinical experience and will serve as legal evidence of experiential learning. Learner records for each level of the programme must be submitted complete, by 30 September each year for evaluation. Total attendance at SANC approved clinical facilities for prescribed clinical experience is compulsory.
B CUR (E et A)
This is a post registration degree programme for professional nurses, and is registrable with the South African Nursing Council. The degree is offered over a minimum of 3 years full-time or 4-5 years part-time study. Admission requirements: Full matriculation exemption and current registration with the South African Nursing Council as a general nurse and midwife Option 1: Nurse educator and nurse manager Option 2: Community health nurse and nurse manager
What are the requirements to study at UNIZULU?
A South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) evaluation certificate of their highest school certificate and other qualifications. A study permit to study at NETED from the National Department of Home Affairs, and/or. A foreign workforce management letter of endorsement to study from the Department of Health (DOH), Below are the qualifications and requirements for student to be eligible for University of Zululand Nursing Science studies or application:
- Application for Nursing is received at UNIZULU.co.za.
Applicants receive the link to the New Applicant Survey
- Applicants who meets the minimum entry requirements are invited to participate in pre selection
- Applicants who submits all required documentation and proof of payment, are then given a date for
the pre-selection assessment.
- The pre selection assessments are conducted at specific dates in order to select candidates for the
different campuses for the next available intake.
- Results of the pre selection assessment is published to the applicant, but this is not a confirmation of
acceptance or admission to the program yet.
- Each Campus will select the number of successful candidates based on merit, the Economic Active
Population (EAP) requirements of South Africa, and in line with the permitted numbers per intake by
the South African Nursing Council (SANC).
- Once an adequate number of applicants have been selected, the campus will inform the successful applicants of their acceptance and arrangements for registration and admission to the specific
Additional Admission Requirements For Foreign/Non-South African Citizens:
- All non-South African applicants are required to submit the following list of original certified documents:
- A South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) evaluation certificate of their highest school
certificate and other qualifications,
A study permit to study at NETED from National Department of Home Affairs, and/or
- A foreign workforce management letter of endorsement to study from the Department of Health (DOH), The legal document/s in case of documents bearing different names e.g. a marriage certificate or
affidavits to that effect,
- SANC license to practice as a nurse for a foreign nurse (where applicable),
- A valid passport expiring not earlier than 6 (six) months after the projected completion date of the
- A valid refugee status document, or
- A valid asylum seeker document,
- Legislative requirements as per the individual programme requirements, and
- The hospital letter of permission to study must be from the hospital endorsed on the SANC or
- DOH documentation where indicated.
Should you require additional information please send an email to nursingeducation@UNIZULU.co.za
University of Zululand Nursing Science Courses
University of Zululand Nursing Science Courses – University of Zululand Nursing Science offers numerous courses and programs to its students. If you are an aspirant student seeking admission to various courses and programmes at University of Zululand Nursing Science then you should check out the full list of courses offered by University of Zululand Nursing Science
List of Courses Offered by University of Zululand Nursing Science
For students to know the courses offered by University of Zululand Nursing Science, they normally have to visit the college website or SANC website, as follows: AND https://www.sanc.co.za/
University of Zululand Nursing Science pre-admission
Thank you for choosing UNIZULU for your hospitalization. Completing your pre-admission documentation prior to your actual hospital admission helps facilitate a smooth, hassle-free admission process. We are committed to providing you with the best and safest care and will do our very best to make your stay with us as comfortable as possible.
To successfully apply and be considered for the training, please take note of the following:
- You are required to register a profile on the system before you can apply.
- Must be a South African citizen, who resides in the Gauteng Province.
- You must be in possession of one of the following school leaving certificates – a Senior Certificate, a National Senior Certificate, currently in Grade 12 or National Vocational Certificate Primary Health
- Applications must be done on the GPG Professional Job Centre system before or on the 31st July 2023; NO late applications will be accepted
- Certified documents will be uploaded on the system, however you will be required to take supporting documents to the selection centre should you be shortlisted.
- No hand delivered or emailed applications will be accepted, all applications must be done online.
The following subject criteria are required:
- Senior Certificate: English HG D or SG C, Biology HG D or SG C, Mathematics HG D or SG C and an M score of 17
- National Senior Certificate: English Level 4, Life Sciences Level 4, Mathematics Level 4 or Maths Literacy Level 5, and an APS of 27 or more (Life Orientation counts half the score)
- National Vocational Certificate: 50% in Fundamental Subjects (English First Additional Language, Maths/Maths Literacy, Life Orientation) and 60% in the Vocational Subjects (SA Health Care System, Public Health, The Human Body and Mind and Community Oriented Primary Care)
How to apply for University of Zululand Nursing Science
Familiarizing yourself with and following our pre-admission procedures, whether you’re a medical scheme member or a local or international private paying patient, helps us make your actual admission as efficient and smooth as possible.
How to apply for Online pre-admissions
UNIZULU’s secure and user-friendly online pre-admission system on the MyUNIZULU Online portal provides us, in advance, with as much as possible of the information we’ll require for your planned admission to the hospital.
You can submit pre-admission documentation online up to midnight of the day before the planned admission to ensure your information is processed before your admission.
Subscribe to our WhatsApp channel to get the latest posts delivered right to your dm.