Courses at WITS in 2024 – University of the Witwatersrand WITS courses and requirements 2024/2025
In this article you will get a chance to view the Courses at WITS in 2024 – University of the Witwatersrand WITS courses and requirements 2024/2025
The University of the Witwatersrand offers a diverse range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses through its various faculties.
Below you will be able to see the offered courses accordingly to the faculties
JOIN THE SOUTH AFRICA ALL UNIVERSITIES COMMUNITY ON WHATSAPP GROUP 👉 JOIN NOW
The University of the Witwatersrand offers a diverse range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses through its various faculties, including:
Wits offers degrees in the Arts, Humanities, Commerce, Law, Health Sciences and Sciences. The curriculum is cutting-edge and is continuously enhanced to ensure that our students and staff keep up to date with the newest knowledge from around the globe.
The University of the Witwatersrand, commonly known as Wits, offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses in various fields of study, including Commerce, Law, Health Sciences, Engineering, Science, Humanities, and Social Sciences. Some specific courses offered include:
1. Faculty of Commerce, Law and Management
– Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting
– Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
– Bachelor of Business Science in Economics and Finance
2. Faculty of Health Sciences
– Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBCh)
– Bachelor of Science in Physiotherapy
– Bachelor of Science in Occupational Therapy
3. Faculty of Engineering and the Built Environment
– Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
– Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
– Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
4. Faculty of Science
– Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
– Bachelor of Science in Applied Mathematics
– Bachelor of Science in Chemistry
5. Faculty of Humanities
– Bachelor of Arts in English Literature
– Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy
– Bachelor of Arts in Political Studies
Wits also offers postgraduate courses at the Honours, Masters and PhD levels in various fields of study. For more information on specific courses and their requirements, you can visit:
These are just a few examples of the courses available at the University of the Witwatersrand. For a full list of courses, you can visit their website or contact the university directly.
How to see University of the Witwatersrand courses direct from school website
To see the courses offered by the University of the Witwatersrand, you can follow these steps:
- Go to the University of the Witwatersrand website at www.WITS.ac.za
- In the menu bar at the top of the page, select the “Academics” tab.
- To view the faculty list, click on the “Faculties” link.
- Select the faculty that interests you and click on it to see a list of the courses that department offers.
- Another option is to search for a particular course using the search box in the top right corner of the page.
As an alternative, you can access the University of the Witwatersrand’s online prospectus, which offers comprehensive details about the programs the university offers:
- The prospectus is available on the University of the Witwatersrand website.
- Click on the “Prospective Students” tab on the menu bar, and then choose “Online Prospectus” from the dropdown menu.
- From there, you can browse through the faculties and courses offered by the university.
Higher Certificate courses at WITS 2024 – WITS Higher Certificate courses and requirements
How can a higher certificate benefit your career in the future?
Every industry has its own set of skills that they require in order to fulfill a particular position. With a higher certificate, because it is industry-orientated, it provides you with the opportunity to gain the knowledge of your chosen career field and implement what you have learned into the working environment.
- Certificate in Cybersecurity Professional Practice and Leadership (CPPL)
- Certificate in Telecommunications Policy, Regulation and Management (TPRM)
- Certificate in Broadcasting and Digital Media Policy-Regulatory Trends
- Certificate in Frontiers in Digital Government
- CIO Practice Level 1: IT Management for CIO Teams
- CIO Practice Level 2: Interdisciplinary Professional Practice: Disruptive Tech & Digital Operations
- CIO Practice Level 3: Advanced Professional Practice for Digital Innovation and Leadership
- Certificate in Postal Policy and Regulation for the Digital Era
“After finishing matric, I had no idea what I wanted to study or where my passion lies,” Shannon-Leigh Adams says. After several applications to universities and colleges, I had the option of choosing between two colleges. I decided to make an appointment with a student advisor just to be sure that I was making the right decision. After extensive research and consideration, I decided to pursue a higher certificate in event management. At this point, I was still not convinced I wanted to be in the events industry, but the course turned out to be a year full of excitement. It was not just about learning the theory but executing what you have learned into reality, which turned out to be quite exciting. After completing my 1-year course, I decided to further my studies by completing a Bachelor’s Degree in Corporate Communication. I used my higher certificate as a bridging course to enter my degree program, and I received credit for the modules I completed in my higher certificate. My advice for all those students struggling to identify their passion is to not feel pressured into doing something that sounds appealing to them. It is important to take the time to do thorough research into various courses, and if you are still unsure about the course, you can make an appointment with a student advisor before making your final decision.”
Did you know that higher certificates are in high demand, especially for students that do not qualify for a bachelor’s pass in the matriculation bridge?
This provides students with the opportunity to do a bridge course so that they can improve their marks and advance their higher certificate qualification.
In conclusion, the University of the Witwatersrand (WITS) offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses in various fields of study, including agriculture, education, technology, and the humanities. Some specific courses offered include:
WITS also offers postgraduate courses at the honors, masters, and PhD levels in various fields of study. For more information on specific courses and their requirements, you can visit the WITS website or contact the university directly.