Courses at UFS in 2024 – University of Free state UFS courses and requirements 2024/2025
In this article you will get a chance to view the Courses at UFS in 2024 – University of Free state UFS courses and requirements 2024/2025
The University of Free state offers a diverse range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses through its various faculties.
Below you will be able to see the offered courses accordingly to the faculties
JOIN THE SOUTH AFRICA ALL UNIVERSITIES COMMUNITY ON WHATSAPP GROUP 👉 JOIN NOW
The University of Free state offers a diverse range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses through its various faculties, including:
University of the Free State UFS Courses Offered – Check below:
Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences
- Department of Business Management
- Department of Industrial Psychology
- Department of Economics and Finance
- Department of Public Administration and Management
- School of Accountancy
- Centre for Development Support
- Centre for Business Dynamics
- Business School
Faculty of Education
- School for Social Sciences and Language Education
- School of Education Studies
- School of Higher Education Studies
- School of Mathematics Natural Sciences and Technology Education
- Faculty of Health Sciences
- School of Allied Health Professions
- School of Biomedical Sciences
- School of Clinical Medicine
- School of Nursing
- School of Pathology
Faculty of The Humanities
- African Languages Department
- Department of Anthropology
- Department of Art History and Image Studies
- Centre for Gender and Africa Studies
- Centre for Health Systems Research and Development
- Department of Communication Science
- Department of Criminology
- Department of Drama and Theatre Arts
- Department of English
- Department of Fine Arts
- Department of Greek Latin and Classical Studies
- Hebrew Department
- Department of History
- Department of Linguistics and Language Practice
- Odeion School of Music
- Odeion String Quartet
- Department of Philosophy
- Department of Political Studies and Governance
- Department of Psychology
- Department of Social Work
- Department of Sociology
- Department of South African Sign Language and Deaf Studies
- Unit for Professional Training and Service in the Behavioural Sciences
Faculty of Law
- Department of Mercantile Law
Department of Private Law
Department of Public Law
Free State Centre for Human Rights
School of Financial Planning Law
Faculty of Natural and Agricultural Sciences
- Centre for Microscopy
- Centre for Environmental Management
- Chemistry Department
- Department of Computer Science and Informatics
- Department of Consumer Science
- Disaster Management Training and Education Centre for Africa
- Department of Genetics
- Department of Geography
- Department of Geology
- Institute for Groundwater Studies
- Department of Mathematics and Applied Mathematics
- Department of Mathematical Statistics and Actuarial Science
- Department of Microbial Biochemical and Food Biotechnology
- Department of Physics
- Department of Plant Sciences
- Department of Zoology and Entomology
- Department of Agricultural Economics
- Department of Animal Wildlife and Grassland Sciences
- Centre for Sustainable Agriculture Rural Development and Extension
- Department of Soil Crop and Climate Sciences
- Department of Architecture
- Department of Quantity Surveying and Construction Management
- Department of Urban and Regional Planning
- Department of Instrumentation
- Faculty of Theology and Religion
- Department of Historical and Constructive Theology
- Department of Practical and Missional Theology
- Department of Old and New Testament Studies
- Department of Religion Studies
- Business School
- Distance Learning
These are just a few examples of the courses available at the University of Free state. For a full list of courses, you can visit their website or contact the university directly.
How to see University of Free state courses direct from school website
To see the courses offered by the University of Free state, you can follow these steps:
- Go to the University of Free state website at www.UFS.ac.za
- In the menu bar at the top of the page, select the “Academics” tab.
- To view the faculty list, click on the “Faculties” link.
- Select the faculty that interests you and click on it to see a list of the courses that department offers.
- Another option is to search for a particular course using the search box in the top right corner of the page.
As an alternative, you can access the University of Free state’s online prospectus, which offers comprehensive details about the programs the university offers:
- The prospectus is available on the University of Free state website.
- Click on the “Prospective Students” tab on the menu bar, and then choose “Online Prospectus” from the dropdown menu.
- From there, you can browse through the faculties and courses offered by the university.
Higher Certificate courses at UFS 2024 – UFS Higher Certificate courses and requirements
How can a higher certificate benefit your career in the future?
Every industry has its own set of skills that they require in order to fulfill a particular position. With a higher certificate, because it is industry-orientated, it provides you with the opportunity to gain the knowledge of your chosen career field and implement what you have learned into the working environment.
The University of Free state (UFS) offers a number of Higher Certificate courses, which are typically one-year programmes designed to provide foundational knowledge and skills in a particular field of study. Some of the Higher Certificate courses offered at UFS include:
– Higher Certificate in Information Technology
– Higher Certificate in Public Administration
– Higher Certificate in Business Management
– Higher Certificate in Human Resource Management
– Higher Certificate in Education
These courses are generally aimed at students who may not meet the requirements for entry into a degree programme or who wish to gain additional skills and knowledge in a particular area of interest. For more information on specific Higher Certificate courses and their requirements, you can visit the UFS website or contact the university directly.
“After finishing matric, I had no idea what I wanted to study or where my passion lies,” Shannon-Leigh Adams says. After several applications to universities and colleges, I had the option of choosing between two colleges. I decided to make an appointment with a student advisor just to be sure that I was making the right decision. After extensive research and consideration, I decided to pursue a higher certificate in event management. At this point, I was still not convinced I wanted to be in the events industry, but the course turned out to be a year full of excitement. It was not just about learning the theory but executing what you have learned into reality, which turned out to be quite exciting. After completing my 1-year course, I decided to further my studies by completing a Bachelor’s Degree in Corporate Communication. I used my higher certificate as a bridging course to enter my degree program, and I received credit for the modules I completed in my higher certificate. My advice for all those students struggling to identify their passion is to not feel pressured into doing something that sounds appealing to them. It is important to take the time to do thorough research into various courses, and if you are still unsure about the course, you can make an appointment with a student advisor before making your final decision.”
Did you know that higher certificates are in high demand, especially for students that do not qualify for a bachelor’s pass in the matriculation bridge?
This provides students with the opportunity to do a bridge course so that they can improve their marks and advance their higher certificate qualification.
UFS also offers postgraduate courses at the honors, masters, and PhD levels in various fields of study. For more information on specific courses and their requirements, you can visit the UFS website or contact the university directly.