UJ free online courses
The University of Johannesburg (UJ) offers a number of free online courses, which are available through its Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) platform. Some of the free online courses offered by UJ include:
1. Essential Skills for University Success
This course is designed to help students develop the skills needed to succeed in university, such as time management, critical thinking, and academic writing.
2. Financial Management for Non-Financial Managers
This course is designed to help managers understand financial statements and make informed financial decisions.
3. HIV/AIDS – You Can Make a Difference
This course provides an overview of HIV/AIDS, its impact on individuals and communities, and strategies for prevention and management.
4. Mining for Development: The Taxation Linkage
This course explores the role of taxation in the mining sector and its impact on economic development.
5. Principles of Project Management
This course provides an introduction to the principles of project management, including project planning, scheduling, and control.
How can I enroll in one of these courses?
To enroll in one of the free online courses offered by the University of Johannesburg (UJ), you can follow these steps:
1. Go to the UJ MOOC platform at https://online.uj.ac.za/ujmooc/.
2. Browse the available courses and select the one you are interested in.
3. Click on the course title to view the course description, syllabus, and other details.
4. If the course is open for enrollment, click on the “Enroll Now” button.
5. Create a new account, or sign in with your existing account if you have one.
6. Follow the instructions to complete the enrollment process.
7. Once you have enrolled, you will have access to the course materials and resources.
It is important to note that some courses may have specific prerequisites or requirements, and some may only be available during certain times of the year. Be sure to read the course description and enrollment instructions carefully before enrolling. If you have any questions or need assistance with the enrollment process, you can contact UJ’s MOOC support team for help.
- Course enrollment: Enrollment for UJ’s free online courses is typically open year-round, but some courses may only be available during certain periods. Once you have enrolled in a course, you will have access to the course materials and resources for the duration of the course.
- Course structure: UJ’s free online courses are self-paced, which means that you can complete the coursework at your own pace and on your own schedule. Some courses may have specific deadlines or timelines for assignments, but you should be able to work on the course materials at your own pace.
- Course requirements: While UJ’s free online courses do not have any formal prerequisites or admission requirements, some courses may require specific knowledge or skills in order to be successful. Be sure to review the course description and syllabus to ensure that you have the necessary background knowledge or skills.
- Course certificates: While UJ’s free online courses are available
These courses are self-paced and can be accessed online for free. However, if you wish to receive a certificate of completion, you may be required to pay a fee. For more information on UJ’s free online courses, you can visit the university’s MOOC platform or contact the university directly.