TECHNICAL SCIENCES PAPER 1 GRADE 12 QUESTIONS – NSC PAST PAPERS AND MEMOS JUNE 2023
TECHNICAL SCIENCES PAPER 1 GRADE 12 QUESTIONS; Introduction, How to download the questions papers, subtopics possible questions and how to prepare for exams.
Browse and download a list of Technical Sciences Grade 12 Past Exam Papers and Memorandums pdf: Paper 1 and Paper 2 for February/MArch, May/June, August/September and November/December for 2020, 2019, 2018 and more.
Technical sciences paper 1 grade 12 questions pdf download
Technical sciences paper 1 grade 12 questions pdf
technical science grade 12 exam papers and memos pdf
technical science grade 12 paper 1
technical science paper 1
technical science grade 12 study guide
technical science grade 12 pdf
technical science grade 12 term 1
Technical Sciences Paper 1 is an important exam for Grade 12 students who are studying in the technical sciences field. This exam covers a variety of topics including mechanics, electricity and magnetism, waves and sound, and light and optics. It is important for students to understand the concepts and be able to apply them to various situations.
Subtopics and possible questions:
Here are some subtopics and possible questions that may appear on the Technical Sciences Paper 1 exam:
- Newton’s laws of motion and their applications
- Work, energy, and power
- Linear momentum and collisions
- Circular motion and gravitation
- Explain Newton’s second law of motion and give an example.
- A force of 20 N is applied to a 5 kg object. What is the acceleration of the object?
- A ball is thrown vertically upward with a velocity of 20 m/s. What is the maximum height reached by the ball?
- Electricity and Magnetism:
- Electric circuits and Ohm’s law
- Magnetic fields and forces
- Electromagnetic induction
- Draw a circuit diagram for a circuit with a battery, a resistor, and a switch. Calculate the current through the resistor when the switch is closed.
- Two parallel wires carry currents in opposite directions. What is the direction of the magnetic field at a point between the wires?
- A coil of wire is moved through a magnetic field. What is the direction of the induced current in the coil?
- Waves and Sound:
- Characteristics of waves
- Sound waves and their properties
- Interference and standing waves
- Doppler effect
- Define wavelength, frequency, and amplitude of a wave.
- What is the speed of sound in air at room temperature? How does the speed of sound change in different media?
- Draw a diagram of two waves interfering constructively and destructively.
- A car is moving towards a stationary observer. What is the frequency of the sound heard by the observer?
- Light and Optics:
- Reflection and refraction of light
- Lenses and mirrors
- Optical instruments
- Electromagnetic spectrum
- Explain the difference between specular and diffuse reflection.
- What is the focal length of a convex lens? How is it related to the object distance and image distance?
- Draw a diagram of a simple microscope and label the components.
- List the different types of electromagnetic waves in order of increasing frequency.
How to access the question papers:
The Technical Sciences Paper 1 exam papers can be accessed from the Department of Education’s website or from other online resources. Teachers can also provide practice papers for students to work on.
List of Technical Sciences Grade 12 Past Exam Papers and Memorandums
How to prepare for exams:
To prepare for the Technical Sciences Paper 1 exam, students should:
- Understand the concepts and theories related to each subtopic.
- Practice solving problems and answering questions from past papers.
- Create study guides and notes to review important information.
- Participate in class discussions and activities to deepen their understanding.
- Seek help from teachers or tutors if needed.