Courses at Stellenbosch in 2024 – Stellenbosch University courses and requirements 2024/2025
In this article you will get a chance to view the Courses at Stellenbosch in 2024 – Stellenbosch University Stellenbosch courses and requirements 2024/2025
The Stellenbosch University offers a diverse range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses through its various faculties.
Below you will be able to see the offered courses accordingly to the faculties
JOIN THE SOUTH AFRICA ALL UNIVERSITIES COMMUNITY ON WHATSAPP GROUP 👉 JOIN NOW
The Stellenbosch University offers a diverse range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses through its various faculties, including:
- An aggregate of at least 60% for the NSC or IEB or an equivalent school-leaving certificate (excluding Life Orientation)
- Mathematics 40% OR Mathematical Literacy 60%
- English Home Language 60%
- Afrikaans OR isiXhosa (Home Language or First Additional Language) 50%
Here are the 10 Faculties offered by Stellenbosch University:
- Economic and Management Sciences
- Medicine and Health Sciences
- Military Sciences
- Arts and Social Sciences
Here Are The Undergraduate Courses Offered by Stellenbosch University
- Agricultural Economics and Management
- BAgric in Agricultural Production and Management: Elsenburg
- BScAgric in Animal Science
- BSc in Conservation Ecology
- BSc in Food Science
- BSc in Forestry (Forestry and Wood Science)
- BSc in Viticulture and Oenology
- BScAgric in Plant and Soil Science
- Extended Degree Programmes
- Bachelor of Data Science
Arts and Social Sciences:
- BA in Humanities
- BA in Language and Culture
- BA in Development and Environment
- BA in Drama and Theatre Studies
- BA in Human Resource Management
- BA in International Studies
- BA in Law
- Bachelor of Music (BMus)
- BA in Music
- Diploma in Practical Music
- Advanced Diploma in Practical Music
- Higher Certificate in Music
- BA in Political, Philosophical and Economic Studies (PPE)
- Programmes with Psychology
- Bachelor of Social Work
- BA in Sport Science
- BA in Visual Arts
Economic and Management Science:
- Bachelor of Data Science
- BCom (Management Sciences)
- BCom (Economic Sciences)
- BCom (Mathematical Sciences)
- BCom (International Business)
- BCom (Management Sciences) (Extended Degree Programme)
- Diploma in Sustainable Development
- Bachelor of Data Science
- BCom (Actuarial Sciences)
- BCom (Financial Accounting)
- BCom (Management Accounting)
- BCom (Industrial Psychology)
- BCom (Law)
- BEd (Foundation Phase Education)
- BEd (Intermediate Phase Education)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education
- BEng (Civil)
- BEng (Chemical)
- BEng (Electrical and Electronic)
- BEng (Electrical and Electronic) with focus Data Engineering
- BEng (Industrial)
- BEng (Mechanical)
- BEng (Mechatronic)
- BA (Law)
- BCom (Law)
- LLB (four-year)
- LLB (three-year)
Medicine and Health Sciences:
- BSc in Dietetics
- BSc in Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Speech-Language and Hearing Therapy
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy
- Bachelor of Nursing and Midwifery
- BMil in Human and Organisation Development
- BMil in Organisation and Resource Management
- BMil in Technology
- BMil in Technology and Defence Management
- BMil in Security and Africa Studies
- BSc in Biodiversity and Ecology
- BSc in Human Life Sciences
- BSc in Molecular Biology and Biotechnology
- BSc in Sport Science
- BSc in GeoInformatics
- BSc in Chemistry
- BSc in Earth Sciences
- BSc in Physics
- BSc in Mathematical Sciences
- BSc in Computer Science
- BTh (Bachelor of Theology)
- BDiv (Bachelor of Divinity)
These are just a few examples of the courses available at the Stellenbosch University. For a full list of courses, you can visit their website or contact the university directly.
How to see Stellenbosch University courses direct from school website
To see the courses offered by the Stellenbosch University, you can follow these steps:
- Go to the Stellenbosch University website at www.Stellenbosch.ac.za
- In the menu bar at the top of the page, select the “Academics” tab.
- To view the faculty list, click on the “Faculties” link.
- Select the faculty that interests you and click on it to see a list of the courses that department offers.
- Another option is to search for a particular course using the search box in the top right corner of the page.
As an alternative, you can access the Stellenbosch University’s online prospectus, which offers comprehensive details about the programs the university offers:
- The prospectus is available on the Stellenbosch University website.
- Click on the “Prospective Students” tab on the menu bar, and then choose “Online Prospectus” from the dropdown menu.
- From there, you can browse through the faculties and courses offered by the university.
Higher Certificate courses at Stellenbosch 2024 – Stellenbosch Higher Certificate courses and requirements
How can a higher certificate benefit your career in the future?
Every industry has its own set of skills that they require in order to fulfill a particular position. With a higher certificate, because it is industry-orientated, it provides you with the opportunity to gain the knowledge of your chosen career field and implement what you have learned into the working environment.
“After finishing matric, I had no idea what I wanted to study or where my passion lies,” Shannon-Leigh Adams says. After several applications to universities and colleges, I had the option of choosing between two colleges. I decided to make an appointment with a student advisor just to be sure that I was making the right decision. After extensive research and consideration, I decided to pursue a higher certificate in event management. At this point, I was still not convinced I wanted to be in the events industry, but the course turned out to be a year full of excitement. It was not just about learning the theory but executing what you have learned into reality, which turned out to be quite exciting. After completing my 1-year course, I decided to further my studies by completing a Bachelor’s Degree in Corporate Communication. I used my higher certificate as a bridging course to enter my degree program, and I received credit for the modules I completed in my higher certificate. My advice for all those students struggling to identify their passion is to not feel pressured into doing something that sounds appealing to them. It is important to take the time to do thorough research into various courses, and if you are still unsure about the course, you can make an appointment with a student advisor before making your final decision.”
Did you know that higher certificates are in high demand, especially for students that do not qualify for a bachelor’s pass in the matriculation bridge?
This provides students with the opportunity to do a bridge course so that they can improve their marks and advance their higher certificate qualification.
In conclusion, the Stellenbosch University (Stellenbosch) offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses in various fields of study, including agriculture, education, technology, and the humanities. Some specific courses offered include:
Stellenbosch also offers postgraduate courses at the honors, masters, and PhD levels in various fields of study. For more information on specific courses and their requirements, you can visit the Stellenbosch website or contact the university directly.