The review process for a SASSA payment is as follows:
- Applicants must first submit an online application form.
- Once the form has been submitted, the department will review the application and determine whether or not it meets the eligibility requirements.
- If the application is approved, the applicant will be contacted to provide additional information, such as their income and vulnerable status.
SASSA payments are available to residents of South Africa who are in need and who have been verified as being in need by the department. The payments are made through the Post Office or a bank. The payment dates are as follows:
- R350 payments will be made starting on the 1st of each month.
- Payments will be made until the 31st of each month.
- Payments will be made in arrears, starting from the 1st of the following month.
- Payments will be made in cash only.
SASSA R350 grant payment date
Payments will be made until the 31st of each month. Social grant payments for September will be released after the October social grant payments, according to the South African Social Security Agency (Sassa). Social grant payments for October will end on 5 October 2022, and R350 grant payments should have begun on 6 October 2022, according to Sassa.
How To Apply For New SASSA R350 Grant
We are now accepting applications for the R350 Social Relief of Distress (SRD) grant.
Due to SASSA’s new application policy, all previous recipients of the R350 grant will need to reapply.
How To Apply Sassa r350 grant
Before applying, applicants need to ensure that they fit the eligibility criteria:
- Citizen, permanent resident, refugee, asylum seeker, and special permit holders from South Africa
- Have no alternative source of income or financial support from any other source
- Between the ages of 18 and 60
To apply for the SASSA R350 grant online, you can follow these steps:
- Visit the SASSA website at https://srd.sassa.gov.za/sc19/apply.
- Click on the “Apply Now” button.
- Enter your personal information, including your name, ID number, cellphone number, and email address.
- Answer the questions about your income and employment status.
- Confirm your banking details or select a payment method if you do not have a bank account.
- Submit your application.
Once your application has been submitted, SASSA will review your information and determine your eligibility for the R350 grant. If you are approved, you will receive your grant payment according to the payment method you selected during the application process.
It’s important to note that the online application process is only available during specific application periods and is subject to change. Therefore, it’s important to check the SASSA website and social media channels regularly for updates and announcements regarding the R350 grant application process.
The new cycle of the grant is also open to Caregivers who are not receiving any grant on their own behalf.
Applications must be sent on one of the following platforms:
- website – https://srd.sassa.gov.za
- Email – email@example.com
- WhatsApp: 082 046 8553 (send a Whatsapp message to this number. Make sure to include your name, surname and ID number in the Whatsapp message. You will then receive a message which will detail the next steps you need to follow.)
- USSD line: Dial *134*7737# and follow the prompts
- GovChat: https://govchat.app/login
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/govchat.org
Sassa Status Check For R350 Payment Dates
“The status check for the R350 payment dates will show everything is still fixed for those dates. Previously, the grant payment collection dates were also fixed, but now it looks like the payments may not happen as planned.”
SASSA status pending
As your application is still pending, it still needs to be screened and verified before being approved. Once approved, you will receive an SMS from SASSA requesting your banking details, then you will be paid.