NSFAS approved list 2023 Rhodes University UNISA
NSFAS approved list 2023 Rhodes RU: NSFAS (National Student Financial Aid Scheme) is a South African government-funded bursary program that provides financial assistance to eligible students who want to study at a tertiary instruction. To check if you have been approved for NSFAS funding, you need to visit the NSFAS website (www.nsfas.org.za) and log in to your NSFAS account using your ID number.
If you have been approved for NSFAS funding, you will be able to see your approved bursary amount and the details of your funding status. If you are not sure about your NSFAS status, you can also contact NSFAS directly for more information.
In addition to the NSFAS funding, you may also want to check with the Rhodes University (RU) to see if they have an additional bursary program or financial aid scheme that you can apply for. To find out more, you may wish to visit the RU website (www.RU.ac.za) or contact the university directly.
How to check NSFAS approved list 2023 Rhodes University RU – How do I check my NSFAS status at RU?
To check if you are on the NSFAS approved list for the Rhodes University (RU), you can follow these steps:
- Visit the NSFAS website: Go to www.nsfas.org.za and click on the “Student Portal” button.
- Log in to your NSFAS account: Enter your ID number and password to log in to your NSFAS account. If you have not yet created an account, you can do so by clicking on the “Sign Up” button.
- Check your NSFAS status: Once you are logged in, click on the “My NSFAS” tab to view your NSFAS status. You will be able to see your approved bursary amount and the details of your funding status.
If you have any difficulties accessing your NSFAS account or are unsure about your NSFAS status, you can contact NSFAS directly for more information. They may be able to assist you in checking your NSFAS approved list status for Rhodes University.
It’s also important to note that being approved for NSFAS funding does not guarantee admission to RU. To ensure that you meet the admission requirements and to apply for admission, you may wish to visit the Rhodes University website (www.RU.ac.za) or contact the university directly.
How do I check my NSFAS status for 2023?
You can check your NSFAS status in the following ways:
- Online: You can check your NSFAS status online by visiting the NSFAS website and logging in to your student portal. Here, you can see the latest updates on your application, including whether you have been approved for funding and what the next steps are.
- SMS: You can also check your NSFAS status by sending an SMS to 35658. You will receive an automated response with your application status.
- Call center: You can call the NSFAS call center to inquire about your application status. The number to call is 086 006 6389.
- Email: You can also send an email to NSFAS with any questions or inquiries about your application status. The email address to use is firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is important to keep track of your NSFAS status regularly to ensure that your application is being processed correctly and that you are aware of any updates or changes.
How do you know if you are funded by NSFAS?
NSFAS (National Student Financial Aid Scheme) is a government-funded initiative aimed at providing financial assistance to students from low-income families in South Africa who wish to pursue tertiary education. The scheme provides students with a loan or bursary to cover the cost of tuition, accommodation, and books.
NSFAS-funded students are those who have been selected to receive financial aid from the scheme. The selection process is based on a range of criteria, including the student’s household income, academic performance, and other relevant factors. The scheme is designed to help students who would otherwise not be able to afford tertiary education.
Once a student has been approved for NSFAS funding, they will receive a loan or bursary that will cover the cost of tuition and other expenses. The loan must be repaid once the student has completed their studies and found employment.
NSFAS is an important initiative aimed at addressing the financial barriers to education and providing opportunities for students from low-income families to pursue their academic goals.
Courses not funded by NSFAS at RU
NSFAS (National Student Financial Aid Scheme) funds certain courses that are considered priority fields of study by the South African government. However, not all courses are eligible for funding. Some of the courses that are not funded by NSFAS include:
- Courses that are not recognized by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA)
- Courses offered by private instruction’s or colleges that are not registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET)
- Courses that are not full-time and recognized by the DHET
- Courses in fields such as fashion design, beauty therapy, and art and design
- Courses that are not considered critical to the development of the country, such as hospitality, sports science, and music.
It is important to note that these are general guidelines and the list of courses not funded by NSFAS may change from time to time. It is always best to check with NSFAS directly for the most up-to-date information on what courses are eligible for funding.
Subscribe to our WhatsApp channel to get the latest posts delivered right to your dm.