UMP residence application 2024 – UMP accommodation application 2024
How to apply for residence at UMP University of Mpumalanga: Accommodation and Fees
On behalf of Student Housing staff, I would like to welcome all UMP students, in particular, students who have been admitted in the University residences and in Accredited Private Accommodation. The University residences offer 1353 beds at both Mbombela and Siyabuswa Campuses. This number will remain as is until another block of residences is completed in the next couple of years. It is well-documented that Universities have a limited number of beds on-campus and this shortage is augmented by accrediting local properties to accommodate students. Likewise, the University of Mpumalanga has a number of Accredited Private Accommodation Properties that offers a substantial number of beds. We increase the number of beds in the Accredited Private Accommodation by accrediting more private properties for student accommodation every year.
UMP prides itself with state-of-the-art residence facilities and services it offers to students. Some residences offer self-catering accommodation while some are catered accommodation. Our residences provide a student-friendly environment that promotes the academic objectives of the University and ensures a community of students with diverse backgrounds but high level of understanding and respect for differences. Enjoy your years of positive self-discovery at the University of Mpumalanga and prosper in all your endeavours.
UMP residences offer both single and double-sharing rooms equipped with the appropriate amenities, namely, a single bed, study desk, book shelves, study chair, wardrobe, and study lamp in the rooms. There are rooms for students living with disabilities. UMP prides itself with state-of-the-art residences with modern facilities including uncapped Wi-Fi. UMP has iconic dining halls serving good and healthy meals at reasonable price ranges
JOIN THE SOUTH AFRICA ALL UNIVERSITIES COMMUNTY ON WHATSAP GROUP 👉 JOIN NOW
Do you need to find somewhere to live at UMP?
It can be a bit challenging to find accommodation as a UMP student, since things may work quite differently here than in your home country. You don’t have to worry! You can count on us for assistance.
The university can help you access a range of long and short term housing opportunities to suit different budgets. Some of your options include private rentals, student hostels, residential colleges, student apartments, and homestays.
UMP’s accommodation website is a good place to access all sorts of information about accommodation options. This is your next stop when you’ve finished reading this page!
You will be able to:
- Explore different housing options
- Find long term accommodation
- Browse our rental database
- and more!
How to apply for residence at UMP University of Mpumalanga
If you’re interested in applying for residence at the University of Mpumalanga, you’ll need to follow these steps:
- Check if you’re eligible: Before you start your application, make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria for UMP’s residences. Typically, applicants need to be registered students with the university, and they must have paid their fees in full.
- Choose a residence: it offers several residence options, including apartments, flats, and single and double rooms. Check the UMP website for a list of residences and their locations, as well as their amenities and costs.
- Apply online: Once you’ve chosen a residence, you can apply online by visiting the website and selecting “Residences” from the main menu. Follow the prompts to complete your application and submit any required documents, such as proof of registration and payment.
- Wait for a response: After submitting your application, you’ll need to wait for a response from university. Depending on the availability of space in your preferred residence, you may be offered a place immediately, or you may be placed on a waiting list.
- Accept the offer: If you’re offered a place in a University residence, you’ll need to accept the offer and pay any required fees or deposits. Make sure to read the terms and conditions carefully before accepting the offer.
- Move in: Once you’ve accepted the offer and paid any fees, you’ll be able to move into your UMP residence. Make sure to familiarize yourself with the rules and regulations of your residence, and enjoy your new home!
NSFAS accredited accommodation for UMP students
Applications must be submitted via the NSFAS website: https://my.nsfas.org.za/
Your NSFAS application will not be considered if you
- received NSFAS funding in 2023*.
- have already completed an undergraduate degree or diploma.
- are not a South African citizen.
- need funding for a Short Learning Certificate or Programme or a postgraduate qualification.
*Students who have completed a higher certificate and will be starting a degree/diploma qualification in 2024 must re-apply for NSFAS funding.
Please visit the UMP registration website for the registration dates:
- Returning NSFAS students who were funded in 2023 but have not yet completed their qualification: Please ensure that you are temporarily registered during the registration period while waiting for NSFAS funding confirmation for the 2024 academic year.
- Returning NSFAS students who received funding in 2023, have been declined for funding in 2024 but have appealed the decision: Please pay the minimum registration fee while you wait for the NSFAS appeal decision, if you chose to do so.
- First-time NSFAS applicants: Please ensure that you are temporarily registered during the registration period while waiting for NSFAS funding confirmation. If your NSFAS application is declined or delayed by the time the registration period closes, you will be expected to find alternative funding before your registration will be activated.
If your NSFAS application is provisionally approved, you do not need to pay the minimum registration fee. Your registration will be automatically activated based on NSFAS funding confirmation received by UMP.
Appeals for new and continuing students will be open from 20 January 2024 to 20 February 2024.
All students are required to appeal directly to NSFAS via the myNSFAS portal.
Visit www.nsfas.org.za for appeal supporting documents.
- All NSFAS-funded students who pay the minimum registration amount to activate their registration will be refunded.
- A refund will only be processed once NSFAS has confirmed successful processing of registration data to UMP.
- An application for a refund is not necessary.
NSFAS bursaries (Funza Lushaka, Department of Military Veterans, and Department of Justice [TRC])
- Students funded under these bursaries must renew their funding with their funders during their applicable application dates.
- Students are encouraged to visit their funders’ webpages for application dates.
Funza Lushaka: www.funzalushaka.doe.gov.za Department of Military Veterans (DMV): www.dmv.gov.za
Department of Justice (TRC): www.justice.gov.za