Teachers (Various Subjects) at The School of St Jude
We’re looking for qualified and passionate teachers for O- Level and A – Level due to a rapid increase in the number of students at St Jude
Want to work for one of the largest charities of its kind in Africa? Are you passionate about providing students with quality education? Are you dedicated to making a difference in your teaching career by inspiring students? Does it sound like we are talking about you? Keep reading!
Subjects and work station:
- Accounting and Commerce (A – level): (Smith Campus, Usa River, Arusha) – Short Term Contract
- Physics and Mathematics (A – level): (Smith Campus, Usa River, Arusha)
- Geography and Economics (A – level): (Smith Campus, Usa River, Arusha)
- Agriculture and Biology (O – level): (Smith Campus, Usa River, Arusha)
- Gs and Bible Knowledge (A & O – Level) (Smith Campus, Usa River, Arusha)
- Biology and Chemistry (O – Level) (Smith Campus, Usa River, Arusha) – Short Term Contract
- Book Keeping and Commerce (O – Level) (Sisia Campus, Arusha)
- History and Geography ( O – Level) (Sisia Campus, Arusha)
- Chemistry and ICT (O – Level) (Sisia Campus, Arusha)
The School of St Jude is a pioneering leader in charitable education within Africa.
Every year we give 1,800 students with free, quality education, 100’s of graduates with access to higher education and provide more than 20,000 government school students with quality teachers.
St Jude’s is funded by generous supporters from around the world who make our mission of giving bright, poor Tanzanian students a free, quality education possible.
Who are you
- A highly-motivated teacher with excellent attention to detail, who loves working with students and can facilitate a holistic learning curriculum.
- You are able to develop, monitor, and evaluate lesson plans, schemes of work, lesson notes and examinations.
- You understand the importance of ECAs (Extra Curricular Activities) and can inspire and mentor students to participate.
- A responsible and hard-working person who enjoys taking on extra duties such as being on duty, leading assemblies, guiding projects, and being a member of various school committees.
- You strive for academic and moral excellence and encourage students to aim high and achieve.
What we’re looking for
- Sc. Education / B.Sc. with Education / B.Ed Com/ B.A Education /B.A with Education from an accredited University in Tanzania.
- Three to four years of experience in teaching with outstanding performance.
- Strong ability to deliver NECTA curriculum content using modern teaching methods and strategies that support a competency-based approach to learning and assessments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English as a medium of instruction.
- A well-rounded, independent, and mature individual with diverse knowledge in Education and one that observes teaching ethics and demonstrates a refreshing approach to teaching
- A teacher with a vibrant, diligent, and motivating personality for our students.
- An individual who is able to adapt to our school’s diverse Policies and Procedures (including working over the weekends when required).
Competent female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- An opportunity to use your talents and expertise to fight poverty through education and make a positive impact in the lives of thousands of students in Arusha, Tanzania.
- A flexible and supportive community of international and local employees.
- Ample opportunities for career progression and development.
- Mid-morning tea and lunch (during working days).
- Safe and reliable transport to and from school.
Are you interested?
Send your cover letter and an up to date Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line must include the reference number: TSOSJ/HR/ACDM/GN/02/22)
Applications close on 10th November 2022
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED!