Dar es Salaam
Business Online (T) Ltd
From its initial humble beginnings, Business Online (T) Ltd has evolved into one of the preferred Human Resources consultancies in Tanzania.
Senior Accountant position
Minimum 4 years experience
PART I : GENERAL COMPANY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Representing the company in a positive and professional manner, which promotes the vision, mission and strategic priorities of the organization.
- Being accountable to the Board of Directors and shareholders for the financial operations and performance of the organisation.
- Working with other senior management in overall strategic planning and execution of company activities and goals.
- Participate in monthly, quarterly and annual management and board meetings.
- Maintains a professional appearance and demeanour that reflects the company’s commitment to customer service, continuous improvement and respect for individuals.
- Engage and works with company directors on business growth and expansion activities and provide strategic advice on short, medium and long term strategies and opportunities.
- Reviewing other staff performance and Initiate hiring when needed to cope with expanding workload or for replacement of substandard employees.
PART II: MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide leadership to finance and accounting areas of the organization.
- Assists management to make financial decisions
- Investigate means to improve profitability
- Communicating the organization’s direction, priorities and goals to other employees.
- Provide leadership, strategies and execution on resource mobilization including bank loans, grants, equity or debt transactions for scaling/expanding the business.
- Manage and monitor metrics, KPI tracking and reports and evaluate financial performance of the organization and measure returns on investments.
- Supervise all finance and accounting related business sections to maximize the company’s efficiency, productivity, profitability and performance, by making sure all operations are running smoothly.
- Participate and physically verify through visits or inspection ongoing company activities to ascertain cost realism and expenses on personnel, other departments and projects.
- Build external relationships with finance and non-finance third parties to help achieve company’s goals and priorities.
- Participate in annual and project budgets preparation and management, monitor spending against budgets to ensure no overspending takes place.
- Propose and establish internal controls for new financial systems and develop methods to improve and execute new and existing accounting policies and procedures in compliance with accounting standards for effective financial management.
- Supervise and monitor performance and conduct evaluations for other finance and accounting employees.
PART III: FINANCE/ACCOUNTING RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyse costs, pricing, variable contributions, sales results and the company’s actual
performance compared to the business plans.
- Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities.
- Make estimates of cash required for short and medium-term financial objectives of the organization.
- Prepare internal and external disbursement according to the company’s financial policies ensuring that all such payment requests are within budget, adequately supported and in accordance with approval limits.
- Maintain system of accounts and keep books and records on all transactions and assets.
- In charge of the Tally ERP Accounting system and ensure Tally ERP accounting
system’s functionality, data accuracy and up-to-date.
- Ensure that all financial transactions are processed accurately, in a timely manner, and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Develop, implement, and maintain processes and controls that are current best practices related to transaction processing.
- Manage, oversee, process (as appropriate), and act as backup for processing all of
- The following transactions: payroll, accounts payable, revenue and expense, fixed assets, cash, bank reconciliations, and allocations.
- Procure goods and services according to the company’s procurement policies,
- Process supplier invoices and maintain the purchase order system.
- Perform month-end closing procedures, including overhead allocations, account reconciliations, and updating schedules.
- Ensure all transactions are recorded in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and supported by relevant and verifiable source documents.
- Ensure transactions are timely and properly recorded and entered into the computerized accounting system (Tally ERP).
- Ensure effective internal controls are implemented and minimizing risks for financial management of the organization in response to external or internal audits and other monitoring reviews.
- Assist in issuing timely, accurate, and complete financial statements for all levels, including Board of Directors, executive, and management.
- Handle petty cash float using a petty cash imprest system, ensure all payments are properly approved with the relevant backups, ensure there is timely reimbursements done; all cash collections are recorded and timely deposited in the bank.
- Recommend and report upon benchmarks against which to measure organizational Financial performance.
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics.
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management.
- Provide financial analyses and models as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
- Manage all travel and business advances issued to staff by ensuring that they are accounted for on time, no advances are issued before retiring previous one and that advance are used for company activities only.
- Maintain an updated and complete Fixed Asset Register, perform assets inventory every quarter of the year, ensure all assets are tagged and coordinate disposal of obsolete assets as per the companies’ policy.
- Prepare and review cash disbursement vouchers, purchase requisitions and orders and payment packages for budget availability and correct coding.
- Prepare and ensure accuracy of bank reconciliations for general ledger accounts.
- Ensure that monthly account reconciliations are performed and appropriate plans are put in place and executed to resolve unreconciled differences.
- Management of cash flow and preparation of monthly cash flow projections.
- Prepare and analyse accurate monthly financial and management reports, including income statement, balance sheet, budget and variance, projections and forecast, and cash flow.
- Coordinate the preparation of financial information in the annual financial report.
PART IV: COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure the timely submission and accurate preparation of compliance and statutory returns including TRA, Pension Funds, and P.A.Y.E etc.
- Assist in coordinating the preparation of the draft audited financial statements and all tax returns.
- Prepare and assist with developing audit schedules for the annual audit.
- Liaise with auditors to ensure appropriate monitoring of company finances is maintained
- Prepare business plans and financial projections for sharing with banks, investors and other financial institutions.
- Advise on working capital needs for business expansion and scale-up.
- Participate in bank loans application, grants funding application and investor mapping
- Manage grants financial reporting, compliance and partner-to-partner relationships.
- Research, follow up and update management on new bank/loan products from different financial institutions.
- Represent the organisation in funding proposals, applications and presentations.
- Organize weekly, monthly and quarterly management meetings and other necessary, company gatherings such conferences, product launch etc.
- Manage and maintain relevant office equipment’s, supplies, files, documents and all other administrative, accounting and financial records in both hard and soft copies.
- Establish and maintain a range of basic office databases and records
- Administration of the organization’s insurance policy.
- Ensure Companies Registration Office compliance.
- Being flexible, adaptable and available to take on other tasks or duties as requested by the Finance Manager.
SUBMISSION: Interested candidate should send their CVs (ONLY) By email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 14th JULY 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.