Applications for the R350 Social Relief of Distress (SRD) grant are now open. The grant has been reinstated, starting on 6 August 2021 until March 2022.
SASSA will only be accepting new applications, meaning all previous beneficiaries of the R350 grant will have to reapply.
How To Apply Sassa r350 grant
Before applying, applicants need to ensure that they fit the eligibility criteria:
- South African citizens/permanent residents/refugees/asylum seekers/holders of special permits
- Have no alternative source of income or financial support from any other source
- Between the ages of 18 and 60
The new cycle of the grant is also open to Caregivers who are not receiving any grant on their own behalf.
Applications must be sent on one of the following platforms:
- SASSA website – https://srd.sassa.gov.za
- Email – email@example.com
- WhatsApp: 082 046 8553 (send a Whatsapp message to this number. Make sure to include your name, surname and ID number in the Whatsapp message. You will then receive a message which will detail the next steps you need to follow.)
- USSD line: Dial *134*7737# and follow the prompts
- GovChat: https://govchat.app/login
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/govchat.org
All applicants will need to sign a declaration and consent form, as SASSA will be working with other institutions to verify details provided by applicants.
“You only have to apply once on one channel and not many times on every channel. SASSA will only process one application received from each applicant.” said SASSA.
Applicants will need to supply the following details and documents:
- Identity Number or Department of Home Affairs Refugee permit number
- Name and Surname as captured in the Identity Document
- Gender and Disability
- Contact details – Cell phone number
- Residential Address
Successful applicants will be contacted by SASSA once applications have been processed. The first round of payments will then be made in the last week of August.