Medical Data Processing Officer at Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
Title: MEDICAL DATA PROCESSING OFFICER
Direct Reports: PROJECT MEDICAL REFERENT
Carrying out medical data collection and entry activities into the mission database recording all relevant clinical and demographic data on patients and ensuring data quality/reliability, according to MSF protocols and maintaining confidentiality while producing the appropriate, updated documents for the medical team in order to support decision making processes
Minimum Educational Qualification:
Essential, higher education with proven computer literacy, degree in Information and Technology (IT) or mathematics field, desirable.
- At least 1-year work experience in data entry/analysis
- Fluent oral and written English and Swahili
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Commitment to MSF Principles
- Stress Management
- Performing data entry of all epidemiological information into select databases program and creating appropriate reports, providing data for project development purposes.
- Ensuring that all data entered has been authorized and that appropriate documentation has been received (patient records, treatment monitoring, etc.). Ensuring that all data entry processes occur in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensuring all data collected and entered to databases is consistently accurate and complete. Being responsible for ensuring that quality control queries of the database are followed up, ensuring identification of data entry errors and corrections. Immediately reporting to the supervisor, any anomalies in the database
- Filing documents according to MSF standards
- Communicating regularly with the HCW’s, assisting in the (re)training when necessary, on proper registration of patients, proper filling of the various forms, clarifying queries, obtaining missing information and correcting errors, ensuring they have ongoing sufficient supplies of necessary hardcopy data collection forms
- Assisting in the compilation and preparation of regular reports and providing detailed information to medical and laboratory teams (weekly, monthly, according to patient treatment requirements)
- Ensure all supported health facilities provide data weekly basis
Collaborate with MoH data officer to ensure that collected data are accurate
- Update the PMR on data using MSF tool.
- Submit department report to PMR on time.
- Ensure data protection and safety.
- Ensure confidentiality of data and ensure that only authorised person have access to the data
All interested candidates shall submit their motivation letter, CV and copy of relevant professional certificates not later than Monday, March 06th, 2023 at 4:00 PM. Please quote the job title on the email subject “MEDICAL DATA PROCESSING OFFICER”
Please send your application to the email address MSFCH-Tanzania-Recruitment@geneva.msf.org. The applications can also be submitted at MSF offices situated at Warioba RD, Mikocheni B, Plot 100, Daima Street House no 16 or To MSF Project Admin in Nduta Refugees Camp, Kibondo District OR MSF Liwale Offie
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your data only for the recruitment process to have all the information and documents necessary to proceed with the recruitment, validation of your application and selection of the most suitable candidate. Your data will be treated confidentially. Only people part of the recruitment process have access to your data. MSF does not sell your data under any circumstances. If you have any questions or requests, you can contact MSFCH-Tanzania-HrManager@geneva.msf.org
ONLY SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED