Lead Software Developer
Ongeza Tanzania Ltd
Ongeza is a social enterprise creating a sustainable and scalable model
That reaches the last mile to rural customers. Ongeza’s own sales force sell directly to rural customers products which save money, increase income or improve quality of life.
Ongeza sources the best products, including but not limited to solar lights, efficient stoves, agricultural equipment and inputs,water solutions and transportation
Ongeza currently reaches over 250,000 households with an established plan for further growth.
You will maintain and develop Ongeza’s MIS and sales management system.
The current system comprises of two Android apps and accompanying PHP web application.
The Lead Software Developer will write code as well as train the local team.
Responsibilities: An ideal candidate will:
- Maintain and develop the existing MIS system.
- Collaborate with sales and marketing teams on data requirements and uses.
- Perform data analysis and create reports for management.
- Provide technical training to teams when required and serve as a technical mentor to team members
Qualifications: An ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum four years work experience in programming, or equivalent.
- At least a Diploma in an IT related course
- Strong working experience on Android programming/Java is a plus
- Experience maintaining and developing MySQL.
- Experience with Linux.
- Experience in a variety of technologies and ability to quickly adapt to new technologies.
- Effective communication, both written and verbal.
- Creative problem solving.
- Strong debugging skills.
- Comfort working in a startup environment.
- Fluent in both English and Kiswahili
Location: Arusha, with occasional traveling to Singida,Manyara and lake zones in Tanzania.
Duration: Minimum one year commitment, full-time job.
Compensation: Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Application: Please send, in the body of an email, a cover letter and CV to: email@example.com
This position will be filled when a suitable candidate is found.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Apply not later than 30st September 2022.