IT Coordinator – Networks
School of St Jude
The School of St Jude is a charity-funded school located in the city of Arusha.
We’re looking for a qualified and passionate IT COORDINATOR – NETWORKS!
Want to work for one of the largest charities of its kind in Africa? Are you passionate about providing students with opportunities to learn and develop through Technology? Are you passionate about Technology? Are you dedicated to making a difference in your career … Keep reading!
The School of St Jude is a pioneering leader in charitable education within Africa. Every year we give 1,800 students with free, quality education, 100’s of graduates with access to higher education and provide more than 20,000 government school students with quality teachers. St Jude’s is funded by generous supporters from around the world who make our mission of giving bright, poor Tanzanian students a free, quality education possible.
Who are you
- Administrator for all Network environments within the School to ensure that the network is not overloaded.
- A person who propose applicable design and configure LAN/WAN while monitoring the health of the Network.
- Check the Network daily including Network routing and IP Protocols.
- Provider and administration and support for all networking protocols.
- Foresee, Detect, translate and prevent any Network intrusion and pre-scan all vulnerabilities.
What you’ll do
- Asses all access points and ensuring all security protocols meet the required policies
- Manage and deploy Virtual Lan Infrastructure and ensuring security is implemented as per the policies
- Analyse network problems and affect LAN recovery following outages or service interruptions
- Maintains network operating systems and hardware to the most current approved levels.
- Applies patches and updates to network application software.
- Works in conjunction with Head of IT to ensure all Network configurations and modifications are documented.
IT Coordinator – Networks Job Opportunity at School of St Jude
What we’re looking for
- A Bachelor’s Degree or in Computer Information Systems/Technology, Computer Science with a focus in the field of networking;
- At least minimum of 3 years of network-related experience;
- Experience in Network traffic monitoring and Load Balancing.
- Understanding of server concepts – DNS, AD, SMTP, IMAP/POP3, Proxy, and Virtual Machines
- Cisco knowledge, at least CCNA/CCNP with experience in routing; BGP, OSPF, VPN, VLAN and Qos
- Knowledge in Network Security
- Proficient and hands-on experience in inter networking technologies TCP/IP, L2 and L3 switching, stack and
- High-level network troubleshooting;
- Knowledge and experience with network security, Network Access Control including firewalls, proxies, site-to-site VPN in an office environment;
- Good communication skills
- Good English skills (reading and writing).
- Competent female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Experience with Linux Servers Administration
- An opportunity to use your talents and expertise to fight poverty through education and make a positive impact in the lives of thousands of students in Arusha, Tanzania.
- A flexible and supportive community of international and local employees.
- Ample opportunities for career progression and development.
- Mid-morning tea and lunch (during working days).
- Safe and reliable transport to and from school.
Are you interested?
Send your cover letter and an up to date Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line must include the reference number: TSOSJ/HR/IT/02/22)
Applications close on 22nd July 2022
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED!