Job Title: Internal Auditor
Job location: Head Office, Tandahimba, Mtwara
The role is responsible for performing objective, independent, and reliable assessments of the effectiveness of a bank’s risk management activities, its compliance with applicable regulations, and its internal control-environment and provide assurance to the management and the Board.
- Develop and review annually the Internal Audit Charter, audit programs and Board Audit Committee Charter and ensure that they are aligned with statutory requirements, audit standards and market/ industry best practices. The Charters are approved by the Board.
- Develop Internal Audit Unit/Department strategy and a flexible annual audit plan using an appropriate risk-based methodology, including also risks or control concerns identified by management, and submit that plan to the Board Audit Committee for review and approval as well as providing periodic updates.
- Implement the annual audit plan, as approved, including as appropriate any special tasks or projects requested by Management and directives by the Board Audit Committee/ Board.
- Prepare and control the approved Internal Audit Unit/Department’s budget
- Evaluate the bank internal control system on its adequacy, efficiency, effectiveness and bank compliance with regulations, policies and procedure.
- Issue reports periodically to Management and quarterly to the Board Audit Committee summarizing results of audit activities.
- Issue annual report to Management and Board Audit Committee summarizing major audit findings and performance during the year.
- Issue annual assessment to the Board on whether there is improvement or
deterioration of the bank overall internal control system.
- Keep the Board Audit Committee informed of emerging trends and successful practices in internal auditing.
- Conduct investigation of frauds and other malpractices within the bank and notify Management and Board Audit Committee of the results.
- Follow-up on clearance of audit issues while ensuring that all significant
findings remain open until cleared.
- Provide necessary assistance during Statutory/External audits.
- Manage the performance of subordinate staff and develop and implement
training and development plans to ensure their performance is aligned with business goals and objectives.
Knowledge and skills:
- Excellent in procedures and Bank Knowledge in operations as well as products, Performance & Change management.
- Communication and Presentation skills, Planning and Organizing skills,
Interpersonal and Computer skills, Coaching skills as well as Reporting and analytical skills.
- Proficient in a variety of computer software applications including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Access).
- High Integrity – Comfortable handling confidential information
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Capable on stakeholder’s relationship management Qualification and Experience: ∙ Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or its Equivalent
- Professional Certification CPA /ACCA or its equivalent and must be registered by NBAA
- At least 3 years’ experience working in the banking or auditing field, or in an area relevant to the assigned responsibilities.
- Internal Auditor Job Opportunity at TACOBA
If you are the one we are looking for above, please submit your application through email@example.com with a brief certified resume/CV attached with a certified academic and professional certificates addressed to:
The General Manager,
Tandahimba Community Bank Plc, P.O Box 06, Tandahimba.
MTWARA Please note: The deadline is set at 1700 hours on Friday 16th December ,2022