Job Title: Internal Auditor
Job location: Head Office, Tandahimba, Mtwara
The role is responsible for performing objective, independent, and reliable assessments of the effectiveness of a bank’s risk management activities, its compliance with applicable regulations, and its internal control-environment and provide assurance to the management and the Board.
- Develop and review annually the Internal Audit Charter, audit programs and Board Audit Committee Charter and ensure that they are aligned with statutory requirements, audit standards and market/ industry best practices. The Charters are approved by the Board.
- Develop Internal Audit Unit/Department strategy and a flexible annual audit plan using an appropriate risk-based methodology, including also risks or control concerns identified by management, and submit that plan to the Board Audit Committee for review and approval as well as providing periodic updates.
- Implement the annual audit plan, as approved, including as appropriate any special tasks or projects requested by Management and directives by the Board Audit Committee/ Board.
- Prepare and control the approved Internal Audit Unit/Department’s budget
- Evaluate the bank internal control system on its adequacy, efficiency, effectiveness and bank compliance with regulations, policies and procedure.
- Issue reports periodically to Management and quarterly to the Board Audit Committee summarizing results of audit activities.
- Issue annual report to Management and Board Audit Committee summarizing major audit findings and performance during the year.
- Issue annual assessment to the Board on whether there is improvement or
deterioration of the bank overall internal control system.
- Keep the Board Audit Committee informed of emerging trends and successful practices in internal auditing.
- Conduct investigation of frauds and other malpractices within the bank and notify Management and Board Audit Committee of the results.
- Follow-up on clearance of audit issues while ensuring that all significant
findings remain open until cleared.
- Provide necessary assistance during Statutory/External audits.
- Manage the performance of subordinate staff and develop and implement
training and development plans to ensure their performance is aligned with business goals and objectives.
Knowledge and skills:
- Excellent in procedures and Bank Knowledge in operations as well as products, Performance & Change management.
- Communication and Presentation skills, Planning and Organizing skills,
Interpersonal and Computer skills, Coaching skills as well as Reporting and analytical skills.
- Proficient in a variety of computer software applications including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Access).
- High Integrity – Comfortable handling confidential information
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Capable on stakeholder’s relationship management Qualification and Experience: ∙ Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or its Equivalent
- Professional Certification CPA /ACCA or its equivalent and must be registered by NBAA
- At least 3 years’ experience working in the banking or auditing field, or in an area relevant to the assigned responsibilities.
- Internal Auditor Job Opportunity at TACOBA
If you are the one we are looking for above, please submit your application through firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief certified resume/CV attached with a certified academic and professional certificates addressed to:
The General Manager,
Tandahimba Community Bank Plc, P.O Box 06, Tandahimba.
MTWARA Please note: The deadline is set at 1700 hours on Friday 16th December ,2022
SUBSCRIBE NOW TO OUR CHANNEL TO GET SOLVED GRADE ISSUES
JOIN US ON THE WHATSAP GROUP BY CLICK HERE