ems grade 9 questions and answers 2022 term 1, grade 9 ems term 3 assignment 2021, ems grade 9 questions and answers pdf 2022
EMS is divided into 4 Learning Outcomes:
- Learning Outcome 1: The Economic Cycle
- Explain the different flows of money, factors of production, goods and services in the economic cycle within the South African economy.
- Illustrate by means of a graph and discuss how demand and supply influence prices.
- Critically assess the influence and actions (strikes and stayaways) of trade unions in general and during the apartheid era on: the South African economy; political, economic and social transformation; labour issues.
- Discuss the effect of the national budget on the economy (e.g. taxation and expenditure on education, social welfare, health and security).
- Learning Outcome 2: Sustainable Growth and Development
- Discuss how the national budget, regional and international agreements can be used to facilitate sustainable growth and development.
- Investigate and debate the successes and shortcomings of the RDP.
- Discuss productivity and its effects on economic prosperity, growth and global competition.
- Learning Outcome 3: Managerial, Financial and Administrative
- Complete a basic income statement and balance sheet for a service and retail business.
- Complete cash and credit transactions in the books of service and retail businesses: Uses cash receipts and payments journals, and debtors’ and creditors’ journals; posts journals to the general ledger and draws up a trial balance.
- Analyses financial statements for decision making at a basic level.
- Differentiate between the forms of credit purchases (e.g. open accounts, installment sales, credit card), debit cards, smart cards, travellers’ cheques); the advantages of cash purchases.
- Learning Outcome 4: Entrepreneurial Spirit