Disadvantages of upgrading matric results
JOIN WHATSAP HERE TO GET MATRIC RESULTS
Disadvantages of upgrading matric results: “Remember that this is not the end of the road, and that although some extra work will be required, you can rectify the situation and still pursue your professional dreams down the line, even if it is a little later than you had hoped,” says Horace Mpanza, MD of ADvTech Schools’ Abbotts College High School.
“It is better to make the time and effort now, and start from a position of strength a few months or a year down the line, than to resign yourself to forever having results that won’t do you any favours in the job market,” he says.
Mpanza says that depending on one’s performance, there are a number of paths to pursue, including to:
- Redo matric
A Grade 12 student may opt to redo their entire year so that they can improve all of their marks. This is a good option for those learners who did not perform well enough to qualify for studying towards their chosen qualification.
“Remember if your marks increase, your admission point score will also increase. If the thought of returning to your old school is too intimidating, look into the option of completing Matric through a registered and accredited private institution, but be sure to select one with a reputation for academic excellence as a result of its commitment to assisting learners with improving their results,” says Mpanza.
- Redo matric + upgrade some subjects
Grade 12 learners who only need higher marks in some of their subjects do not need to redo all of their subjects. Instead, they can enrol on a part-time basis for 1-6 subjects.
“Good institutions will assist learners with making decisions about the best course of action. For instance, they may look at the student’s results and then identify if there isn’t an extra subject that they can redo to increase their overall marks,” says Mpanza.
- Write supplementary papers later in the year
“This is an option, but one that should be considered carefully,” Mpanza says.
“Because you won’t be attending any formal classes to help you overcome the challenges which led to the disappointing results in the first place, you need to be extremely self-disciplined and focused to make this option work. It can be done, but be sure that you are 100% committed when going this route.”
- Do a bridging course
Another option is to do a bridging course through a tertiary institution.
- “Be careful to ensure that the bridging course will provide access to your preferred degree down the line, by speaking to a student advisor at the institution,” Mpanza advises.
Additional options open to learners, are to complete matric through distance learning, or pursue a vocational qualification, says Elbie Liebenberg, managing director of Oxbridge Academy, which serves more than 20,000 South African distance learning students every year.
“No matter what the outcome of your final exams were, there are always options, and sometimes finding the right way forward – for your specific circumstances and aspirations – just requires some research,” she says.
- Matric through distance learning
“The benefit of doing matric subject rewrites or your entire matric via distance learning, is that it is affordable and can be done from the comfort of your own home.
“However, it is imperative that you find a respected, registered and accredited institution, with a reputation for user-friendly and easy to understand learning materials, and excellent tutor support available both telephonically and online,” Liebenberg says.
- Vocational training
“A vocational qualification makes you more employable, by providing the specific skills and theoretical knowledge required in fields such as, for instance, office management, childcare, small business management, and hospitality and catering services,” says Liebenberg.
- “All of the aforementioned qualifications can be completed without having a matric certificate and via distance learning, which means that you can even start earning while you’re learning.”
How To Check Old Matric Results Online
- Step 1: Visit the Department of Basic Education (DBE) website.
- Step 2: Select the quick link for the exam results.
- Step 3: Insert your examination numbers.
- Step 4: You might need to provide more personal information.
- Step 5: Click the search button and your Matric results will appear.
What Time Will Matric Results 2023 Be Released?
The Department of Basic Education (DBE) has announced that the Matric results release date for 2023 is the 20th of January. It is expected that the Minister of Basic Education Angie Motshekga will announce the outcome of the final exam at 18:00, on the 19th of January 2023 in a media briefing.
What Time Will Angie Announce Matric Results?
The Minister of Basic Education of South Africa, Minister Angie Motshekga will announce the Matric results for the class of 2022 on Thursday 19 January 2023.
Students will only be able to get their results from their schools and exam centres the next day. So you can get your personal results on Friday 20 January, from your school or exam centre.
Here are the important dates for the Matric Results:
- 19 January 2023 – Minister Angie Motshekga will announce the results of the Matric Class of 2022
- 20 January 2023 – Grade 12 final exam Statements of Results available at your school or exam centre
- 3 February 2023 – Last day for students to apply for remarking or rechecking of examination papers. If you are not happy with your matric results, this is a critical date!
- 8 February 2023 – Last day to register for the 2023 May/June examinations. Also a critical date if you want to improve your matric results by rewriting a subject in the May/ June 2023 exams sitting!
- 15 March 2023 – Last day to register for the 2023 October/November examinations.
How To Get Your Matric Results Via SMS 2022
- Send your ID number and exam number via SMS to 35658.
- Both numbers must have 13 digits to be accepted, and there is a once-off cost of R3 to register.
- Once registration is completed, results will be delivered by SMS when they are released.
- Please note that the SMS will cost you R1.50
- You will receive your Matric results once they are available
Use the USSD service by dialling *120*35658#.
- After answering multiple questions, enter your ID number.
- You’ll receive your results per subject after you have completed the process.
- You’ll have the option to opt in or out to comply with the Protection of Personal Information Act.
- USSD rates apply.
SUBSCRIBE NOW TO OUR CHANNEL TO GET SOLVED GRADE ISSUES
JOIN US ON THE WHATSAP GROUP BY CLICK HERE