Audit Officer/ Internal Auditor at UCC
University of Dar es salaam Computing Center
Dar es Salaam
POST: AUDIT OFFICER/ INTERNAL AUDITOR – 1 POST
EMPLOYER: University of Dar es salaam Computing Center
APPLICATION TIMELINE: 2023-02-24 2023-03-09
The University of Dar es Salaam Computing Centre (UCC) is an Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Company owned by the University of Dar es Salaam (UDSM). UCC was established in 1999. UCC headquarter is located at UDSM’s Julius Kambarage Nyerere Mlimani Campus. To ensure greater outreach to Tanzanians, UCC is having a branch in Dodoma, the Capital City of Tanzania.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares work plan and audit programmes
- Obtains required information directly through examination of records or interview with staff.
- Ensuring the business adheres to policies, procedures, legislations and regulations.
- Audit the efficiency of business processes.
- Review and evaluate the system of management controls and assess their adequacy and effectiveness and where appropriate draft potential recommendations for improvement
- Checks that stores maintain inventory of furniture, equipment and other movable assets in accordance with the company policy
- Assesses the reliability and effective use of internal controls and assist in reviewing internal controls and procedures.
- Draft segments of reports and communications on the results of the work performed.
- Analyzes and evaluates the accounting system and procedures.
- Reviews the accuracy of accounts receivables and payables as at the period of Audit
- Reviews the management of budget, balance sheet and other related financial statements
- Identifies and evaluates procedures and policies in tax reporting processes.
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned by one’s reporting officer.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Possession of Bachelor degree / Advanced Diploma in Accounting or its equivalent with a minimum of three (3) years working experience as an Auditor.
- The applicant must possess CPA (T) or its equivalent.
REMUNERATION UCCSS 7-8
The deadline for submitting the application is 9 March 2023.