Abet matric registration 2023 online application
Abet matric registration 2023 online application: There are many people in South Africa who fortunately do not require Basic Education skills as they are ab to read and write read. However, just being able to read and write does not guarantee success. Many of these people may have failed matric or not have had the opportunity to complete their schooling to matric the level. On this page, you will find general information on completing matric. Other pages in this section include who offers matric courses, obtaining your matric results, and doing matric online.
With an estimated 4.4 million illiterate adults (DHET, 2019), this website aims to provide information on adult basic education and training (ABET) in South Africa – information for people wanting to become involved in ABET either as learners or educators. We hope we have at least gone part of the way to facilitating this very important aspect of education in South Africa.
What is adult matric?
Not everyone has had the opportunity to complete their schooling to matric level and if they have had the opportunity, there are many people who were not able to complete their matric due to circumstances beyond their control or who just didn’t have the right support. Often you find that several years later you are in a situation where you need to have a matric certificate in order to advance your career, find a job or obtain promotion. If this is the case and you are over the age of 21, there are a number of opportunities for you to obtain that much-needed matric certificate. Having said that, if you do not already possess a grade 9 certificate, many organizations that offer adult matric will require you to take ABET classes to write the grade 9 exams before studying further for your matric. The matric exams typically include material from grades 10 to 12. That is why it is important to leave yourself enough time to study 3 years of work before writing the matric exam. Adult matric is also known as the Amended Senior Certificate (ASC).
MATRIC RESULTS 2023 WILL BE AVAILABLE FROM THE 19TH JANUARY 2023
Adult Matriculation Amended Senior Certificate (ASC)
The Senior Certificate (as amended) now also allow candidates to obtain University endorsement. As in the case of the NSC exam, they can also qualify for admission to Bachelor, Diploma or Higher Certificate programmes at Higher Education institutions.
The following learners will qualify for admission to the amended Senior Certificate:
- Adult learners who are 21 years and older who have:
- a General Education and Training Certificate (GETC); or
- a Grade 9 school report (or the old standard seven). stating that they have passed Grade 9 or Standard 7; or
- a recognised equivalent qualification obtained at NQF Level which requires two official languages.
- Adult learners who are 21 years and older who have:
- Adult learners who are 21 years and older with an incomplete Senior Certificate qualification.
- Adult learners who are 21 years and older with an incomplete National Senior Certificate and whose School-Based Assessment (SBA) validity has expired.
- Only in exceptional cases, out of school youth, who are 18-21 years old and who could not complete their school education due to circumstances beyond their control, as verified by the Head of Department in the Provincial Education Department.
For information on registration criteria, subject choices and promotion requirements visit the Senior Certificate page on https://www.education.gov.za/Curriculum/SeniorCertificate.aspx
Abet matric registration 2023 online application – Are there schools for adults?
Adult education is a public education program for all adults. Adult schools offer free to low-cost classes for adults 18 and older. Students can earn a high school diploma, or high school equivalency certificate, learn about jobs, learn to speak English, and learn how to become a U.S. citizen.
What are the requirements for ABET?
How To Check Old Matric Results Online
- Step 1: Visit the Department of Basic Education (DBE) website.
- Step 2: Select the quick link for the exam results.
- Step 3: Insert your examination numbers.
- Step 4: You might need to provide more personal information.
- Step 5: Click the search button and your Matric results will appear.
What Time Will Matric Results 2023 Be Released?
The Department of Basic Education (DBE) has announced that the Matric results release date for 2023 is the 20th of January. It is expected that the Minister of Basic Education Angie Motshekga will announce the outcome of the final exam at 18:00, on the 19th of January 2023 in a media briefing.
What Time Will Angie Announce Matric Results?
The Minister of Basic Education of South Africa, Minister Angie Motshekga will announce the Matric results for the class of 2022 on Thursday 19 January 2023.
Students will only be able to get their results from their schools and exam centres the next day. So you can get your personal results on Friday 20 January, from your school or exam centre.
Here are the important dates for the Matric Results:
- 19 January 2023 – Minister Angie Motshekga will announce the results of the Matric Class of 2022
- 20 January 2023 – Grade 12 final exam Statements of Results available at your school or exam centre
- 3 February 2023 – Last day for students to apply for remarking or rechecking of examination papers. If you are not happy with your matric results, this is a critical date!
- 8 February 2023 – Last day to register for the 2023 May/June examinations. Also a critical date if you want to improve your matric results by rewriting a subject in the May/ June 2023 exams sitting!
- 15 March 2023 – Last day to register for the 2023 October/November examinations.
How To Get Your Matric Results Via SMS 2022
- Send your ID number and exam number via SMS to 35658.
- Both numbers must have 13 digits to be accepted, and there is a once-off cost of R3 to register.
- Once registration is completed, results will be delivered by SMS when they are released.
- Please note that the SMS will cost you R1.50
- You will receive your Matric results once they are available
Use the USSD service by dialling *120*35658#.
- After answering multiple questions, enter your ID number.
- You’ll receive your results per subject after you have completed the process.
- You’ll have the option to opt in or out to comply with the Protection of Personal Information Act.
- USSD rates apply.
Subscribe to our WhatsApp channel to get the latest posts delivered right to your dm.