Abet matric registration 2023 online application www.eservices.gov.za
JOIN WHATSAP HERE TO GET MATRIC RESULTS
There are many people in South Africa who fortunately do not require Basic Education skills as they are able to read and write read. However just being able to read and write does not guarantee success. Many of these people may have failed matric or not have had the opportunity to complete their schooling to matric level. On this page you will find general information on completing matric. Other pages in this section include who offers matric courses, obtaining your matric results and doing matric online.
With an estimated 4.4 million illiterate adults (DHET, 2019), this website aims to provide information on adult basic education and training (ABET) in South Africa – information for people wanting to become involved in ABET either as learners or educators. We hope we have at least gone part of the way to facilitating this very important aspect of education in South Africa.
What is adult matric?
Not everyone has had the opportunity to complete their schooling to matric level and if they have had the opportunity, there are many people who were not able to complete their matric due to circumstances beyond their control or who just didn’t have the right support. Often you find that several years later you are in a situation where you need to have a matric certificate in order to advance your career, find a job or obtain promotion. If this is the case and you are over the age of 21, there are a number of opportunities for you to obtain that much-needed matric certificate. Having said that, if you do not already possess a grade 9 certificate, many organisations that offer adult matric will require you to take ABET classes to write the grade 9 exams before studying further for your matric. The matric exams typically include material from grades 10 to 12. That is why it is important to leave yourself enough time to study 3 years of work before writing the matric exam. Adult matric is also known as the Amended Senior Certificate (ASC).
Matriculation is the ultimate aim for all students. After matriculation, you can pursue university studies, enhancing your chances of finding a better job with a higher salary. ABET stands for Adult Basic Education and Training.
Concerning registration with an AET center
Do you wish to receive a basic education as an adult or a young person? It is not too late to enroll in an Adult Education and Training (AET) program.
AET is an outcomes-based curriculum that seeks to provide you with fundamental learning tools, information, and abilities, as well as nationally recognized certificates.
Anyone who did not complete conventional schooling and want to get qualifications in a flexible setting may enroll in any AET center. Placement examinations may be administered by AET centers to assess if you are at AET level one, two, or three.
What you must do
Register at your local AET center.
Please include your birth certificate or identity papers, as well as any school documents.
Adult schools near me
Abet school list
How To Check Old Matric Results Online
- Step 1: Visit the Department of Basic Education (DBE) website.
- Step 2: Select the quick link for the exam results.
- Step 3: Insert your examination numbers.
- Step 4: You might need to provide more personal information.
- Step 5: Click the search button and your Matric results will appear.
What Time Will Matric Results 2023 Be Released?
The Department of Basic Education (DBE) has announced that the Matric results release date for 2023 is the 20th of January. It is expected that the Minister of Basic Education Angie Motshekga will announce the outcome of the final exam at 18:00, on the 19th of January 2023 in a media briefing.
What Time Will Angie Announce Matric Results?
The Minister of Basic Education of South Africa, Minister Angie Motshekga will announce the Matric results for the class of 2022 on Thursday 19 January 2023.
Students will only be able to get their results from their schools and exam centres the next day. So you can get your personal results on Friday 20 January, from your school or exam centre.
Here are the important dates for the Matric Results:
- 19 January 2023 – Minister Angie Motshekga will announce the results of the Matric Class of 2022
- 20 January 2023 – Grade 12 final exam Statements of Results available at your school or exam centre
- 3 February 2023 – Last day for students to apply for remarking or rechecking of examination papers. If you are not happy with your matric results, this is a critical date!
- 8 February 2023 – Last day to register for the 2023 May/June examinations. Also a critical date if you want to improve your matric results by rewriting a subject in the May/ June 2023 exams sitting!
- 15 March 2023 – Last day to register for the 2023 October/November examinations.
How To Get Your Matric Results Via SMS 2022
- Send your ID number and exam number via SMS to 35658.
- Both numbers must have 13 digits to be accepted, and there is a once-off cost of R3 to register.
- Once registration is completed, results will be delivered by SMS when they are released.
- Please note that the SMS will cost you R1.50
- You will receive your Matric results once they are available
Use the USSD service by dialling *120*35658#.
- After answering multiple questions, enter your ID number.
- You’ll receive your results per subject after you have completed the process.
- You’ll have the option to opt in or out to comply with the Protection of Personal Information Act.
- USSD rates apply