Field Assistant Managers – 4 Posts
Unilever PLC is a British multinational consumer goods company headquartered in London, United Kingdom.
Main Purpose of The Job
The Assistant Field Manager supports leadership with the management of staff and day‐to‐day operations for the assigned area of responsibility. In this role, the individual is accountable to deliver established goals, utilizes good judgment to assess and escalate situations when warranted and utilizes knowledge and skills in the area of expertise while maintaining expected green leaf quality standards. The Assistant Manager must act as a leader by building constructive relationships and by supporting agriculture department leadership in developing, setting, and executing department goals and the strategic plan in accordance with UTT mission statement. Also, he/she is responsible on people’s safety, wellbeing, and security.
HEALTH, SAFETY & ENVIRONMENT
- Implementation of Company defined policies allowing the Unit/Department to meet Occupational Health, Safety, Environmental care and Consumer safety requirement
- Proactive identifications of hazards or environmental aspects and putting in place effective safeguards aiming at eliminating/reduction of accidents
- Check and Approve SHE returns to include OHS & EPR
- Hold factory SHE site meetings on monthly basis
- Implement all aspect of legal and statutory requirement touching OHS and E
- Take fully responsibilities in ensuring that all third party/contractors are aware and that they follow the given guard line.
- Plan for the emergency drill and draw learning and actions out of it
- Overall responsibility of the management of change MOC (New equipment, new employee, process change, new product/formulation)
- Draw up objectives and target, management programmes review, and document.
- Manage Estate Division to the highest agricultural standards and improve productivity through expansion and sustenance of mechanical harvesting operations by having best practices of harvesting and post-harvest handling.
- Plan and oversee day to day operations by supervising hand plucking, harvesting personnel to ensure acceptable standards of green leaf quality is harvested and well-handled to the factory.
- Plan and execute the estate division annual agricultural practice, pruning and fertilizer application.
- Ensure the division administration is managed by providing periodical crop forecast, validation of payroll input/output, payments of employees and the entire financial expenditure is within the budget.
- Manage the estate division industrial/employee relations, conduct disciplinary cases as per the CBA /employment act and company disciplinary procedure. Enhance good co-existence amongst workers and the neighboring community.
- Manage the division infrastructure and conservancy to the required standards; fully embed best practices in Rainforest alliance.
- Ensure safety policy is implemented and all safety training is conducted to all sub- staffs and general labor.
- Ensure all workers are wearing the requires PPEs for the job.
- Deliver the business targets aligned to Business strategy, jobs to be done (JTBD) and enhance performance culture through business transformation.
- Interfaces with many roles e.g., Factories, Finance, HRBP, Unions, Legal, etc.
- Operating and maintaining the site as a fully functioning and productive all year round by wise planning of irrigation time, pruning, fertilizing, weeding practices etc.
- Ensure that the division is always maintained to the highest possible standards and that the company infrastructure and associated accessories are robustly protected and cared for.
- Provide effective management of staff operating within the division function, consisting of headmen/women.
- Managing, distributing, and maintaining the plucking equipment within the division and reordering new ones from the central store whenever necessary.
- Monitor the progression of all tasks within the division ensuring all specifications are met within an agreed time, budget, and quality requirements
- Comply with and help enforce standard policies and procedures within the department relating to sustainability and related tasks
- Review future new tea development field space requirements, develop and implement a management plan
- To carry out any other duty as directed by the line manager in accordance with the level of the post.
FINANCE AND CONTRACT MANAGEMENT
- Responsibility for controlling and managing the production costs, field costs, overhead costs, and total budget; and working with the estate manager in budget setting in future years
- Ensure that cost effective support and maintenance arrangements are put in place and regularly reviewed, using internal resources and external/outsourced contractors where appropriate
- Working with the estate manager and fellow assistants to implement best value utility arrangements and to reduce costs wherever possible.
- Anticipate future developments with the fields, estate infrastructure, plucking accessories in advance, ensuring that adequate planning and budgetary provision is made for maintenance and repair works and that continuity of service is optimized
- Crop Production and Field Operations
- Sourcing – raw materials of agricultural origin
- Plant Breeding – tea nurseries
- Infrastructure Management
- Project Management/Information Technology
- Industrial Relations/Employee Relations
- Being well-organized and systematic
- Careful, accountable, responsible and punctual
- A team player – personable, caring, helpful, reliable and diplomatic
- Honest and approachable
- Good personal grooming & personal presentation
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture general, horticulture, agronomy, or any equivalent bachelor’s degree in science
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should send their application & detailed CV to UTTL.HR@unilever.com
Note: No Manual Application shall be accepted.
Closing date: 22nd July 2022
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. Unilever is an equal opportunity employer! Female Candidates and people with disability are encouraged to apply.