3 Internship Job Vacancies at Rikolto
3 Internship Job Vacancies at RikoltoInternship
Rikolto (formerly VECO/Vredeseilanden) is independent NGO with more than 40 years of experience in partnering with farmer organisations and food chain actors across Africa, Asia, Europe and Latin America.
Internship on water for resilient farming communities and food systems in Arusha and Mbeya
In 2021, the Government of Flanders launched the G-STIC Climate Action Programme to support developing countries in the fight against climate change. By providing financial support to projects for climate change adaptation and mitigation, the G-STIC Climate Action Programme aims to strengthen developing countries’ implementation of climate policies, strategies, regulations and action plans.
Under G-STIC CAP, Rikolto in collaboration with Simusolar is implementing a three-year project (01/02/2023 to 31/01/2026) titled Water for Resilient Communities and Food Systems in Northern and Southern Highlands, Tanzania. This project employs a systemic approach to mitigate negative impact of climate change on water availability for farming communities in Northern and Southern Highlands of Tanzania. Training sessions, demonstration of solar-powered irrigation technologies and low-tech methods for water saving and retention are combined to promote sustainable water management in an accessible way for smallholder farmers.
The project will be piloted in Meru district in Arusha region and Rungwe district in Mbeya region before being rolled out in the larger area of Northern and Southern Highlands. Rikolto is looking for two interns to support program activities in respectively Arusha and Mbeya.
Number of positions:
2 positions: 1 internship in Arusha and 1 internship in Mbeya
Arusha: Good Food 4 Cities Advisor Arusha
Mbeya: Good Food for Cities Advisor Mbeya & project coordinator
- Arusha (Rikolto office)
- Mbeya (Rikolto office)
Duration: 6 months with possibility of extension
- Support mobilization and profiling of horticulture farmers to be engaged in the project
- Work closely with farmer organizations, water user associations and external consultants to coordinate trainings on water use management for farming activities
- Support organisation of Farmer Field Days and establishment of demonstration plots to improve sustainable water management
- Communicate on activities and project progress between project partners (Simusolar) and beneficiaries
- Establish and manage a clear database of farmers and water user associations in the project areas
- Support project team and experts in facilitation of market linkages between buyers and farmers to establish solid market access for smallholder fruit and vegetable farmers
- Work closely with Local Government Authorities and especially Extension Officers, Water Engineers and
- Irrigation Officers to raise awareness on different project innovations, engage official support and as such facilitate adoption by beneficiaries
- Work closely with communication officer and program coordinators to assist with documentation of success stories and business case on the demonstrated model
- Collaborate with M&E officer during baseline, endline and routine program monitoring and data collection
- Perform other duties assigned
Qualifications and technical knowledge
- At least bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant field such as food systems, environmental studies, water systems, agriculture, agribusiness, Agri-economics or related social sciences
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Familiar with mobilization approaches and M&E tools on farmer support
- Below 35 years
- High level of fluency in speaking and writing English and Swahili
- Strong affinity with Rikolto’s mission and uncompromisingly adheres to Rikolto’s ethical values
- Vibrant, efficient, and well-organized person who can work with minimum supervision
- Reliable to deliver commitments.
- Capable to work actively with FBOs ; prepared to work extensively in rural areas
- Eager to learn and share lessons learned
- Is accurate and has attention to detail.
Mode of Application
Interested candidates should send a one-page application letter, a detailed CV and copies of relevant certificates before 31st March 2023 to email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and invited for an interview.