- Ensure team member in the plant adhere to safety regulations and use the correct PPE.
- Report all Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) issues via an incident report.
- Perform task risk assessments (JHA, FLRA).
- Ensure the plant operates within acceptable limits and deviations are reported.
- Adhere to isolation and lock out permits procedures.
- Adhere to workplace safety policies, regulations and compliances.
- Performs high-quality, planned and unplanned repairs of any mechanical equipment in compliance with applicable codes, standards, safety and environment regulation.
- Maintaining a clean and environmental safe work area, apply 5S principle
- Attain and maintain relevant licenses and authorizations required to execute allocated duties e.g. Basic Rigging, Working at Heights, machine operation i.e. forklift.
- Fabricate and assemble metal structures and equipment through the use of welders, cutters, shapers and measuring tools.
- Fabricate, weld and install chutes, boxes, pipes, reducers, bends and Y piece.
- Repair and maintain metal equipment and structures of various sizes.
- Read and interpret diagrams, sketches and blueprints to determine operations, required materials and timeframes for projects.
- Apply best maintenance practice on repair of chutes, steel tanks, pipes and steel structures.
- Apply standard paint on new steel structure and any repair on steel works.
- Assess welded surfaces, structures and components to identify errors.
- Examine pressure vessels, tanks, chutes, pipes to locate defects such as leaks, weak spots, and defective sections so that they can be repaired.
- Fabricate, fit, and assemble the structural components of various mechanical systems
- Perform any task as instructed by report line supervisor.
- Perform basic mechanical fitting, rubber lining, scaffolding and rigging works as instructed by your supervisor.
- Clean equipment, using scrapers, wire brushes, and cleaning solvents to ensure equipment or work area remains clean and tidy.
- Clean, maintain, repair and rebuild mechanical parts, components and equipment as directed by the Supervisor.
- Conduct regular plant and steel structures inspections.
- Complete breakdown and preventive maintenance work orders on time, create subsequent notifications, and provide feedback on work performed
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies then organize with supervisor
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Responsible for shift handover at area of responsibility.
- Technical/ Vocational School, Apprenticeship training, on-the-job training (FTC, VETA, IMTT Trade Test or its Equivalent).
- Minimum 5 Years practical work experience in maintenance.
- Process plant maintenance experience on Mills, crushers, conveyors, compressors, pumps, CIL tanks etc.
- Working knowledge of safety standards of equipment.
- Previous maintenance experience in industrialized plant is beneficial.
- Experience using multiple welding machines including the arc welder, TIG and MIG.
- Excellent knowledge of welding machinery, electrical equipment, and manual tools.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Analytical skills, able to think logically and clearly; Strong attention to detail.
- Complex problem solving skills.
- Check the plant for any defects – both process and whatever maintenance required.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Operate a variety of tools and equipment in a safe and effective manner.
- Perform safety inspections and identify safety hazards.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and designs.
- Possession of Valid driving license.
- Excellent welding and mechanical skills.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
Indicating the role title “BOILERMAKER” in the subject of your email.
Send your application via e-mail to: email@example.com
If you are not contacted by Barrick – North Mara Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 26TH OCTOBER 2021.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! NMGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com.