The Tanzania Red Cross Society (TRCS) is a voluntary humanitarian organization established as an independent National Society (NS) by the Act of Parliament No. 71 of December 1962 and amended by the Parliament of Tanzania in 2019. Tanzania Red Cross Society was recognised and admitted to the membership of the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) in 1963. The TRCS Headquarters office is located in Dar es Salaam.
TRCS is now the largest and most dependable national partner in delivering humanitarian services in Tanzania. The TRCS has an active network in all regions of Tanzania Mainland and Zanzibar. Around 40% are women out of more than 35,000 active volunteers. Most importantly, because of its credibility, TRCS receives supports from a broad range of partners, including the IFRC, the ICRC, the American Red Cross, the Spanish Red Cross, the Belgian Red Cross-Flanders, the French Red Cross, the Italian Red Cross, the Chinese Red Cross and the Korean Red Cross. Other partners are ENABEL, UNHCR, UNICEF, WFP, UNFPA, the EU, USAID, CDC, BPRM and Pathfinder International. Tanzania Red Cross Society is looking for dynamic persons to fill the below vacancies.
PROJECT ACCOUNTANT (1 POSITION)
Duty Station: Kigoma
Reports to: Wash Project Manager and technically to Finance Manager
Age Limit: Not above 45 years
- To review the financial transactions being made by the
- Needs to keep a check on the expenses incurred as well as the funds
- To control budget from donors and share BVAs with the program
- Need to assess the financial processes and discuss the scope of improvement with the senior
- Needs to modify the existing financial processes, if
- Validates and approves the vendors’
- Needs to prepare financial reports, keying in information related to various financial
- To maintain all the financial
- Prepare Bank reconciliations
- Perform any other duties assigned by his/her supervisors from time to
- Minimum qualifications: Diploma in Accounting, Finance, Commerce or related
- Bachelor degree and Professional qualification (CPA/ACCA) is an added advantage
- 3-years work experience, preferably in a non-profit organization or community based organization (CBO).
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and updated CV through online form (You can Click the link below) https://forms.gle/Dckv4sorWW14Prd17 clearly fill in the form indicating the role applied for not later than August 16th ,2021. (Only short listed candidates will be notified). Tanzania Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer and therefore qualified women are highly encouraged to apply.
Tanzania Red Cross Society (TRCS) does not CHARGE A FEE at any stage of the recruitment process also we use our official email with extension of (@trcs.or.tz) not Gmail, yahoo any other email.
All applications are free for all candidates and no one should give any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. Should the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to TRCS – HR Department through Organizational Official Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.