About SIL Tanzania
SIL Tanzania, a branch of SIL International, is a registered Society in Tanzania, whose vision is to see people flourishing in community, using the languages they value most.
As a faith-based organisation we partner with many churches and community organisations to help communities to translate the Bible, develop their languages, and achieve their language-related goals.
Job Title: Partnership Officer
[Part Time or Full Time]
To facilitate SIL Tanzania’s efforts to ensure the health and effectiveness of current
partnerships and to mobilise additional resources for the Bible translation movement
through expanding and deepening partnerships, while also representing SIL Tanzania to
government and non-governmental organisations.
Major Job Responsibilities
- Communicate well the vision and message of Bible translation to relevant audiences in Tanzania
- Strengthen cooperative relationships between existing partners in Tanzania;
- Forge relationships with potential partners in Tanzania;
- Represent SIL Tanzania and its values to outside organisations and government offices.
Competencies and Skills
- Knowledge of and ability to liaise with the broad range of churches in Tanzania;
- Knowledge of Tanzania government structures and able to liaise with government officials;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Excellent computer skills;
- Resourcefulness, initiative, and maturity of judgment;
- Fluency in Swahili and English, both verbally and in writing.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor degree preferred;
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in church leadership or other religious organizational context.
How to Apply
All interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply for the job vacancies by submitting an application letter, CV / Resume, photocopies of relevant certificates and the name, address, email address, and phone number of two (2) referees, through the following email address:
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Closing Date for submitting applications is 27th August, 2021