Seeding Africa Tanzania
About the job
Seeding Africa is a charitable organization founded by Africans on the continent and in the Diaspora. The founders of this organization thought it wise to come together and make Africa self-reliant on food production.
The main aim of this organization is to source and supply organic seeds to local farming communities on the continent to feed its people, thus Feeding our Future.
Seeding Africa is committed to the principles of non-discrimination and diversity and is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified applicants.
Seeding Africa never asks for any payment during the recruitment process. It is entirely free.
- This role will start out as a volunteer role till it can be upgraded to a full-time basis.
- As Country Representative you will lead, manage and advance the programming and operations objectives and the mission of Seeding Africa to serve the poor and vulnerable.
- Your strategic leadership will enable you to advance Seeding Africa’s reputation and impact while you proactively manage the programme and activities of the organization.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Champion and lead the vision, mission and strategy.
- Lead the design of medium and long-term goals. Ensure program and operations leads coordinate their objectives in alignment with the strategy.
- Ensure that all projects meet and exceed donor expectations and are designed and implemented for maximum impact and reach.
- Effectively manage senior programming and operations talent.
- Manage team dynamics and staff well-being.
- Provide coaching and mentoring subordinates during operations. Strategically tailor individual development plans and complete performance assessments for direct reports.
- Oversee the development of staffing plans for large and complex projects and the recruitment process of country staff where necessary.
- Lead the development of strategic partnerships with African organizations that leverages resources, reputation, and expertise in line with Seeding Africa’s partnership principles.
- Manage and mitigate risk through monitoring national and regional issues that may impact staff and programming.
- Ensure all staff understand and adhere to Seeding Africa staff safety and security policies and plans and ensure the updating of such plans.
- Ensure compliance in operations functions. Provide oversight and analysis regarding monthly expenditures.
- Lead and direct the pursuit of strategic growth opportunities, prepositioning and capture planning.
- A Master’s degree in international development, International Relations or a related field will be appreciated
- 5 or more years experience managing complex relief and development programs.
- Experience engaging partners and strengthening partnerships. Experience working with Church partners a plus.
- Staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment. Experience coaching and mentoring senior program staff.
- Ability to represent the organization at high levels.
- Experience in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Web Conferencing Applications, and information and budget management systems.
Required Languages –
Fluency in English is required and French is an asset
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills, with the capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgments and decisions.
- Excellent relations management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally. Strategic in how you approach each relationship.
- Team leadership abilities with diverse/multidisciplinary teams. Coaching/mentoring skills.
- Strong communications and presentation skills; able to develop tailored and persuasive messaging for varied audiences.
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented.
The Country Representative supervises the Local representative, i.e (MARKETING DEVELOPMENT ASSISTANT) and CDA’s (COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT ASSISTANT), volunteers, interns and beneficiaries.
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Regional Representatives in Africa and in the Diaspora, Country Representatives of other countries.
External: Grassroot partner organizations, Youth Organizations, Donors, Sponsors and relevant SH.
Seeding Africa Conduct Expectation
These are values rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of Seeding Africa and used by each staff member to fulfil his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
• Continuous Improvement & Innovation
• Interpersonal Relationship
• Talent Development
• Strategic Mindset
• Accountability & Stewardship