Admin and HR Assistant- Administrative Support
Act to End Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTDs) | East is a five-year project funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) that helps national NTD control programs for the control and elimination of five targeted NTDs: lymphatic filariasis, onchocerciasis, schistosomiasis, soil-transmitted helminths, and trachoma. RTI seeks a Program Assistant who will coordinate the implementation of the project activities and provide technical expertise. She/he will maintain relationships with key sector partners, donors, consultants, host country counterparts and stakeholders and collaborate with colleagues across RTI on technical, administrative, and strategic planning initiatives. She/he will also ensure successful implementation of project along with ensuring best practices and lessons learned are captured and disseminated across project. The Program Assistant may serve as a representative of the project to clients, stakeholders, and partners, providing key input for technical or management decisions and will be responsible for managing program deliverables including planning and coordination of all activities.
Human Resources Responsibilities:
- Support the HR Manager with the review, dissemination, and ensuring full compliance of HR policy guidelines and country employee handbooks in tandem with local labor laws, client rules and regulations, RTI policies, values, ethics, procedures and strategies, effective implementation of the internal control framework and proper functioning of the HR policy framework.
- Disseminate HR communication, priorities, and allocated tasks; and ensure strict adherence to procedures in the area of selection and recruitment of temporary and longer-term staff.
- Support recruitment processes through the provision of input to short-listing process, screening of candidates, setting up and participation in interview panels including documentation processing for offers and deployment.
- With the RTI Regional Office HR team and the HR Manager, maintain HR (including non-personnel) files; track and compile project leave schedules, accounting for all staff absence by receiving and filing PTO authorizations; performing the functions of absence monitoring and recording; advise staff on their leave entitlements.
- Coordinate preparation of LN contracts through timely preparation and submission of Employment Administration requests (e.g. personnel action forms and offer request memos).
- Ensure deadlines for documentation and analyses of staff performance are met.
- Assist the HR Manager in fostering of project staff learning initiatives with consultation with RTI Regional Office HR, recommending and enrolling project staff in short-term courses that are beneficial to the project, and in accordance RTI University course availability and individual learning plans.
- Support the HR Manager with orientation and induction of staff, provide information to staff members on their employment conditions and entitlements, including on-entry briefings.
- Help organize recruitment activities and ensure they are documented according to RTI standards.
- Support on-boarding process for new staff and enrollments in benefits.
- Help coordinate annual staff appraisal process, share best practices regarding this activity, and ensures quality results are met on time.
- Supports HR Manager with coordinating activities and works in strong partnership with Regional HR staff and other in-country HR staff as needed.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Oversees “front-office” activities including reception, office supplies, service contracts for office cleaning/maintenance, etc.
- Maintain the agenda of the COP.
- Maintains staff contact list, org chart, and safety and security phone tree.
- Maintains hotel list and ensures bookings for staff are confirmed prior to travel.
- Coordinates logistics for visitors – hotel bookings, transport, etc.
- Maintains program’s safety and security resources and helps build staff capacity around safety and security.
- Reviews weekly meeting notes and disseminates to staff in a timely manner.
- Develops and maintains system for booking office meeting rooms.
- Manage the project and office diaries of the events, including major meetings, workshops, seminars, visits, retreats etc. and maintain the calendar of program planned activities.
- Assist in the preparation of agendas for staff and technical meetings, document minutes and disseminate accordingly.
- Write any letters needed by the COP and other staff as external communication.
- In liaison with the other project manager to oversee the organization of all travel and hotel arrangements for staff and consultants as well as those of participants attending program activities, while ensuring adequate compliance with RTI and/or USAID regulations.
- Organize, coordinate, liaise and communicate with external partners and institutions for holding of workshops, seminars and meetings and in keeping all partners informed.
- Liaise with service providers to organize meetings and workshops ensuring that all logistic aspects are adequately addressed including the reproduction and compilation of necessary materials.
- Maintain an effective office country filing system, order and replenish office, kitchen and stationery supplies and manage the flow of documents between Envision project and external partners.
- Coordinate with COP and the Finance to review invoices and DA1 forms, project / office / field office expenses for a timely submission according to policy and procedures.
- Coordinate with Finance Assistant and Procurement & Logistics Officer to process procurement requests and to maintain office inventory ensuring adequate compliance with RTI and/or USAID rules and regulations.
- Perform other duties, as needed
Qualifications And Experience
Master’s degree or bachelor’s degree and 1 year of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
Skills & Abilities
Skills and abilities required to perform the essential job duties of this job are listed below. An addendum that clarifies additional skills and abilities for incumbents in this job may be used in addition to this description
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to listen and communicate well both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work independently
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrates commitment to RTI’s mission, vision and values.