POSITION – Deputy Human Resources Manager
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF is therefore guided by the principles of neutrality and impartiality. These principles must apply to all MSF staff.
Title: DEPUTY HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
Direct Reports: PROJECT FINANCE & HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
Location: NDUTA CAMP – KIBONDO
Implement general administrative procedures in order to ensure documentary traceability as well as compliance with local labour and fiscal regulations, under the Project Finance & Human Resources Manager supervision.
Minimum Educational Qualification:
Essential – Diploma / degree in Human Resources or Business Administration.
- Essential: working experience of at least two years in relevant jobs.
- Essantial knowledge of Tanzania Labour Law and being capable to implement it with practical experience.
- Desirable experience with MSF or other NGOs in similar context than Nduta camp.
- Fluent oral and written English and Swahili (speak, read and write).
Essential computer literacy (word, excel and digital media)
Detail-oriented, legal approach, people Management, team spirit, organisational skill, strong motivation to evolve within an international context, behavioural flexibility, stress and time management.
- Following the Project Finance & HR Manager instructions, make sure the internal staff regulations are followed in order to ensure labour regulation compliance. Present and explain the content of Internal regulation to newly recruited personnel.
- Inform all the new staff on Staff Regulations, HR policies and regulations and/or living conditions in order to facilitate staff integration.
- Support and follow up with the national managers and supervisors the implementation of all HR procedures.
- Lead and review discplinary cases. Make sure all disciplinary cases are closed on time, procedures are followed, legal risks avoided and Tanzanian labour law is applied. Support national managers / supervisors for disciplinary measures management. Induction about disciplinary measures management is given to new comers and support provided continuesly.
- Execute recruitment activities ensuring transparency and equity and issuing job offers conveniently in order to meet HR needs.
- Register applicants to training and help to evaluate the results in order to improve return on training expenditures. Develop a training follow-up tool. Make sure the project have a global view of all training activities.
- Support the Project & HR Manager to draw up annual holiday planning in order to schedule staff shifts and cover operational needs. Support managers/supervisors to build a proper annual leave plan for their teams for 2021/2022.
- Make sure that objectives setting and appraisals processes are fully understood by all staffs. Organize for supervisors/managers objectives setting and appraisal workshop. Support the implementation of a follow-up tool to track all objectives/appraisals status.
- Organize the general and daily HR tasks in collaboration with the Fin/HR Manager and the rest of the HR team.
- If needed, support Fin/HR Manager by contributing to HR policies revision.
All interested candidates shall submit their motivation letter, CV and copy of relevant professional certificates not later than Thursday August 26th 2021 at 4.00 pm. Please quote the job title on the email subject “DEPUTY HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER”.
Please send your application to the email address MSFCH-Tanzania-Recruitment@geneva.msf.org. The applications can also be submitted at MSF offices situated at Hamza Aziz Street, Kahama Court, Masaki, Dar es Salaam OR in Nduta Refugees Camp, Kibondo District.
ONLY SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED