Good Neighbors is an international humanitarian development NGO founded in Korea in 1991. It was granted General Consultative Status from the United Nations Economic and Social Council (UN ECOSOC). The aim is to make the world a place without hunger, where people live together in harmony. In Tanzania it was officially established on 2005 and our efforts work towards creating environment where children’s rights are protected and sustainable development of communities through empowerment, leadership and ownership.
Good Neighbors Tanzania is looking for individuals to join our highly motivated team in the following role;
Position: IT Technical Support Officer
Reports to: AD Manager
Location: Dar es Salaam
Contract Duration: 1 Year contract
Good Neighbors Tanzania – Head Office is looking for a suitable candidate for the mentioned post, who will be responsible to monitor and maintain the computer systems and networks, installing and configuring computer systems, diagnosing hardware and software faults and solving technical and applications problems in order to ensure that, the organization performs all of its operations efficiently.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications.
- Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks.
- Communicate with staff in HO and other Office to help set up systems or resolve issues.
- Respond to IT issues; hardware maintenance, software, networking, etc.
- Administer network and data security, including directory, group policy, firewalls, virus protection, email security etc.
- Perform data backups to ensure all company-owned work is saved.
- Set up equipment, accounts, password and profiles for new users and employees.
- Troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults.
- Replace parts as may be required and conduct safety checks on computer equipment.
- Provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports
- Respond within agreed time limits to call-outs
- Prioritize and manage many open cases at one time including work on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate)
- Rapidly establish a good working relationship with others including vendors, professionals, software developers etc.
- Test and evaluate new technology and provide recommendation to the organization.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or related field
- Three years’ experience in related field
- Industry certification or other related IT professional certification as may be applicable
- Experience with NGO is an added advantage
- Exceptional time, task, and resource management skills
- Strong computers skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Problem solving and critical skills
- Honesty, integrity, transparency and professionalism
- Ability to multi-task, ability to handle pressure well, flexibility, adaptability to transitions
- Strong knowledge of information, software, hardware, new systems and upgrades
- Self-motivational and organizational skills
- Ability to follow instructions and work with minimum supervision
- Perform other duties as may be required
Please click the following the link to apply https://18.104.22.168/career/login.aspx
Please complete ALL of the required fields of the forms found in the left-hand menu of the portal page after clicking the link.
Apply job by Click on the search job at the top of the page or on left side menu.
Select a vacancy of interest.
Read the job requirements thoroughly.
Click on the Preview option on top of the page or Preview Resume on left hand side menu bar to review your CV before submission and verify that your email address is correct.
All applicants should provide current contact information of their referees.
Deadline for application is not later than 30th August, 2021.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted through their active mobile numbers and email addresses.
Good Neighbors Tanzania will not be responsible for transport or/and accommodation during the interview, there will be no refund for the expenses incurred.
The deadline for submitting the application is 30 August 2021.