ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Technician 2 – Instrumentation
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time
Department: Process Plant
Reporting to: Senior Supervisor Instrumentation
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To perform inspections, repair activities and calibrations of instruments in a safe manner to ensure effective and efficient plant production optimization at reasonable cost in process plant.
Any recognized Trade Test Grade 1 Certificate or Full Technician Certificate (FTC) or Technical Diploma in Electronics/ Electrical Engineering.:
At least 3 years working experience as an Instrumentation Technician
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Carry out scheduled inspections, testing, adjustments, calibrations and servicing activities on plant instruments and control system
- Carry out unscheduled tasks related to plant instruments and control system as they occur, to enable the plant to run efficiently with no downtimes.
- Test accuracy of plant instruments such as flow meters, pressure transmitters and gauges, temperature transmitters and indicators, controllers and radiation detectors or counters.
- Perform acceptable tests of new equipment and inspect the installation of new equipment and systems for conformance with plans and specification.
- Keep supervisor informed of progress and problems related to assigned tasks, provide status reports as required and accept priorities as assigned.
- Knowledge and experience with instrumentation and plant control systems
- Knowledge of PLC hardware is essential
- Ability to read and interpret instrumentation drawings and PIDs
- Troubleshooting skills is essential
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Computer skills (MS Word, Excel)
- Holder of Tanzanian driving license
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- Please apply through our recruitment portal by clicking the APPLY button below.
- On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
- You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Technician 2 – Instrumentation”
- You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
- Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
Applications should reach the above on or before 19th August 2021 at 5:30 Pm
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing email@example.com or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com.