Records Management Assistant II
The Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA) Is an independent, world class regulatory authority responsible for licensing, tariff regulation and quality of service regulation of the electricity, water, petroleum and Natural gas sectors. EWURA has the following vacancies for which suitably qualified staff are invited to apply.
Duty Station: EWURA Offices
Records Management Assistant will be responsible for maintaining the records system of the authority for easy retrieval and timely decision-making.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To assist in maintaining records of files movements.
- To assist in opening new files and close old ones in accordance with established systems and procedures.
- To assist in ensuring smooth movement of files between the registries and action officers.
- To ensure that all outgoing correspondences are correctly addressed, referenced, signed and delivered in time.
- To ensure that all incoming official mail is correctly opened, sorted out and uploaded in EDMS to the correct action officer.
- To assist in analyzing, listing and arranging records/documents in respective file racks/cabinets in the registry.
- To perform any other duty as may be assigned by superiors.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate for this position should have the following qualifications and experience:
- Possession of Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (CSEE) plus Diploma (NTA Level 6) in one of the following fields: Records Management, Archives Management, Archive and Documentation, Records and Information Management or equivalent qualifications from recognized institutions.
- Knowledge and Competence in Information and Communications Technology (ICT) application.
- No prior work experience is required but possession of working experience in the relevant field shall be an added advantage.
- In addition to the above skills and qualifications, applicants for the above
- Positions are required to have the following attributes:
- A very high level of integrity, honesty and sense of responsibility;
- Ability to work under pressure and produce expected results;
- Ability to work in a dynamic team;
- Ability to self-manage, achieve results and meet deadlines; and
- Willingness to work beyond the call of duty.
Tenure and Remuneration
- A competitive salary will be offered to the right candidates for the posts.
- EWURA is an equal opportunity employer.
- Staff will be employed on permanent and pensionable terms.
Mode of Application
Application letter with Curriculum Vitae (CV) including e-mail address or daytime contact telephone number, together with photocopies of certificates, one passport size photo and names and contacts of three referees should be addressed to reach the under-mentioned by 27th August 2021
Only short-listed candidates meeting the above criteria will be invited for interview. Lobbying and canvassing for employment will not be entertained and may work to the candidate’s disadvantage.
Application letter should be addressed to:
The Director General,
Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA),
EWURA House, Plot No 3, Block AD, Medeli West,
P O Box 2857, DODOMA
NB: All applications that shall not be channeled through email:email@example.com or postal address mentioned above shall not be considered.