CVPeople Tanzania | Full time
Dar es salaam , Tanzania | Posted on 08/11/2021
Office Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Reporting To: Director of Finance and Administration
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. The promise of a healthy life. Of a decent livelihood. Of sustainable natural resources that benefit communities. Now more than ever in its 42-year history, Pact is helping millions of people who are poor and marginalized discover and build their own solutions and take ownership over their future.
Pact enables systemic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits that nature provides. Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems, and transforming markets into a force for development.
ACHIEVE is a five-year, USAID-funded global cooperative agreement with the dual objectives of attaining and sustaining HIV epidemic control among at-risk and hard to reach pregnant and breastfeeding (PBF) women, infants, children, and youth, as well as to mitigate the impact of HIV/ AIDS and prevent HIV transmission among these populations; and supporting the transition of prime funding and implementation to capable local partners in order to meet the PEPFAR goal of 70% of funding to local partners.
ACHIEVE is funded by USAID in Tanzania to implement a four-year activity (October 2020 to April 2024) which aims: (1) to improve national- and community-level social welfare systems in order to sustain support for orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) and families affected by HIV and (2) to strengthen the capacity of local organizations to deliver OVC services and (3) to deliver high quality OVC services and DREAMS interventions for AGYW 9-14 years.
Reporting to the Finance and Administrations Director, the Administration Manager will serve as an active member of the Administrations team and be responsible for management and supervision of general services in Administration, Information Technology (IT), Security, Facilities, Fleet, Assets, Travel and Procurement for Pact Tanzania head office and its field offices. S/he will supervise staff in the specific functions, manage the procurement cycle including the purchase and maintenance of office equipment based on the needs of Pact Tanzania, maintenance of the asset register, management of all property leases ensuring that termination clauses are adhered to; maintenance of adequate insurance cover for theft, fire and all assets; the processing of insurance claims as and when necessary.
- Manage all of Pact Tanzania Administrative related services for the Head Office and Cluster offices
- Administration of Short Term Insurance, Contracts, Leases and Rental Agreements
- Manage all the visit for Pact global staff visiting Tanzania including the hotel bookings, Invitations and transport while in Tanzania.
- Working in collaboration with HR manage the staff communications devise (mobile phones) as they become due to the employee.
- Oversee timely and transparent procurement through effective management support systems, ensuring that Pact Tanzania procurement policies and procedures are followed at an optimal quality/price and that all procurement procedures are properly implemented and adhered to.
- Take lead in developing the annual procurement plan by closely working with all key leaders/budget holders to ensure each project/department procurement plan is accurately reflecting the procurement activities and budget phasing.
- Analyze the consolidated procurement plan and establish the frame work agreement to ensure for better services from regular suppliers, which will improve the procurement efficiency.
- Reinforce the appropriate procurement roles/responsibilities of Pact Tanzania budget holders and key leaders through provision of regular procurement trainings, coaching and mentoring, including provision of technical support to cluster offices.
- Provide managerial oversight and technical guidance to the Procurement Officer and the Procurement Assistant as they support the key leaders / budget holders in procurement planning, procurement committees and other day to day activities.
- Suggest procurement committee in agreement with the Finance and Operations/Administration Director for high-value procurements/tenders to ensure required technical support and compliance.
- Provide support to procurement officer, procurement assistant and key leaders/managers on conducting market surveys.
- In line with the Pact Tanzania procurement policies and procedures, establishing Framework Agreements with suppliers for regularly/frequently procured goods and services
- Update ACHIEVE Tanzania and Global Leadership with status of key procurements
- Work closely with ACHIEVE global staff to ensure all approvals are obtained
Fleet Management and Travel Services
- Implement fleet management system in line with Pact Tanzania policies and procedures to ensure accountable and efficient use of the vehicle fleet.
- Ensure appropriate allocation and safe use of vehicles throughout Pact Tanzania and ensure servicing and maintenance schedules are adhered to.
- Ensure staff are sensitized, trained and held accountable on the safe use of Pact Tanzania vehicles.
- Ensure vehicles meet Pact Tanzania Safety and Security requirements.
- Maintain/implement an effective vehicle allocation system.
- Manage travel and transportation programs for in-country and international official staff travel.
- Ensure a centralized Pact Tanzania asset register is maintained, that all assets are logged, issued with unique asset numbers and cards and are tracked throughout the Pact Tanzania country office.
- Ensure all Pact Tanzania field/cluster teams are aware and abide by donor specific asset regulations.
- Responsible for management and maintenance of all the Pact Tanzania buildings and facilities to meet all operational, safety and regulatory requirements.
- Serves as the liaison between the building maintenance contractor(s); ensures that maintenance and repairs are done in compliance with applicable regulations and according to specifications of building owners; maintains appropriate maintenance records.
- Develops and implements systems for building security and maintenance.
- Ensures safety and function of all Pact Tanzania facilities and compliance with OSHA and other laws and regulations of Tanzania.
- Develops and implements a centralized purchasing system to support facilities with such items as equipment, supplies, repairs and maintenance.
- Maintains fire alarm and burglar alarm systems (as appropriate) in good working order.Establishes a system to make regular health and safety inspections of all sites and to quickly resolve identified site issues, including the safety of grounds, parking lots and other areas used by Pact Tanzania staff.
- Lead and manage the IT and communications functions and responsibilities of Pact Tanzania through a qualified identified vendor / service provider.
- Support the Pact Tanzania Country Office on the best use of ICT resources by establishing, developing and maintaining effective and secure IT and communications applications, equipment, systems and networks as required by the Country Office.
- Ensure that the Pact Tanzania IT and Communications systems are optimized in support of overall organizational goals, represent best value for money and aligned with global standards and best practice
Supervision of staff
- Supervise and manage the Pact Tanzania Administration and General services department staff.
- Promotes staff development through training, counseling, and performance evaluation of the staff of the Pact Tanzania Administration and General services department.
- Identifies and develops staffing requirements to meet the needs of the Pact Tanzania Administration and General services department.
- Minimum of a University degree in Administration, Business Management, Procurement, Supply Chain Management or other related fields
- At least 5 years’ experience in the NGO sector within Tanzania in office administration, and a good understanding of asset management and procurement processes specifically in dealing with purchase orders
- Excellent knowledge of USAID procurement guidelines
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- A customer service oriented individual with ability to deal with all service providers
- A dedicated team player with good interpersonal skills
- Ability to perform under extreme pressure and take initiative in resolving problems
- Ability to work independently in a high profile, fast-paced and multi tasked environment
- Must be able to demonstrate highly effective communications skills, both written and spoken in both English and Kiswahili
- Must have a valid Tanzanian driver’s license
- Must demonstrate advanced computer skills.