Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS) is an indigenous NGO established under non-governmental organization act No 24 of 2002 in 2011. THPS works in partnership with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC) and Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG), The Ministry of Home Affairs and Ministry of Health (MoH) in Zanzibar with a goal of ensuring accessible high-quality health care services to Tanzanians; through strengthening of health and community systems for comprehensive quality health services including HIV/AIDS; Tuberculosis; prevention of GBV; reproductive, maternal, neonatal, child, and adolescent health (RMNHCAH) services; laboratory and health management information systems (HIMS).
THPS is implementing a USAID Police and Prisons Activity in 64 health facilities across 26 regions of Tanzania mainland and Zanzibar, aimed at supporting the Ministry of Home Affairs (MoHA) in providing comprehensive quality HIV and TB prevention, care and treatment services. THPS therefore is seeking highly experienced, committed and motivated Tanzanians to fill in its vacant positions for this activity to be based at the facilities Countrywide.
Position Title; ART Nurse; 7 positions
Reports to; Medical Officer in charges of the health facilities
Location; Oyster Bay Police Dispensary, Ukonga FFU Dispensary -Dar es Salaam, Morogoro FFU Dispensary -Morogoro, Buyekera Policeline Dispensary -Kagera, Moshi Chuo Cha Police Dispensary – Kilimanjaro and Ruanda Prison -Mbeya
Purpose and Scope of Job;
Provision of high-quality clinical HIV services according to the local (Ministry of Home Affairs, MoHCDGEC) and international standards, including reporting as per donor government and requirement
Duties and responsibilities
- Attend all clients (PLHIV and Non-PLHIV) enrolled / attending CTC to ensure clinical service are provided according to the national and international HIV treatment guidelines.
- Ensure all clients attending all service points at your facility are offered HIV counselling and testing in accordance to MOHCDGEC and MoHA guidelines.
- Ensure all patients/clients attending all service points at your facility clients are screened for their eligibility for HIV testing and all those eligible are tested.
- Facilitate and conduct index testing to sexual partners of PLHIV newly identified or attending CTC services at your facility (except prisoners).
- Ensure linkage case management model is well understood and implemented as a routine service to all new identified clients except for prisoners.
- Supervision and coordination of lay counsellors to ensure all positives identified are attached, followed, and enrolled into ART.
- Ensure all clients identified to be HIV positive are linked to care and started on ART on the same day (Same day ART initiation)
- Ensure all clients on treatment are categorized according to their stability to allow application of Differentiated Care Model for stable and unstable clients.
- Ensure pediatric population attending the facility are screened for optimized PITC using children specific screening tool.
- Ensure all positive children are started on optimized ART and those who are on old regimen to change the regimen to TLD.
- Ensure adherence and retention on ART of pediatric clients hence successfully viral suppression
- Coordinate and facilitate children Saturday clinics and teen clubs.
- Ensure availability is pediatric job aides, posters and working tools.
- Ensure HIV Viral Load coverage at your clinic is at 95%
- Ensure TB screening to all PLHIV on ART, suspects are diagnosed and treated and those eligible for IPT are initiated and successfully complete.
- Facilitate monitoring and evaluation (ensure proper documentation of all services provided and reports are developed and submitted as per MOHA, MOHCDGEC, THPS and USAID guidance.
- Ensure HIV Ql Team is available and Ql activities are implemented successfully correctly.
- Implement PMTCT activities in the health facility.
- Perform other duties as requested by your supervisor
Qualifications & Experience
- At least Form Four level of secondary education.
- Must be an Enrolled Nurse
- Knowledge on computer will be an added advantage. (Ms Word, Excel, and MS
- At least three experiences of working with HIV/AIDS program at CTC.
- Capable of independently or under minimal supervision.
- Fluent in Kiswahili and English
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send an email email@example.com attaching their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum by September 3rd 2021 with a position title as a subject line, for example: ‘ART Nurse”. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women, people living with HIV/AIDS and people living with disability are encouraged to apply.