Position: Brand and Communications Manager (Grade 13 )
Job Country: Tanzania
The Brand and Communications Manager is responsible for developing and managing the TIGO brand. The position has leadership responsibility related to brand equity. The Brand & Communications Manager, as part of the marketing team is responsible to develop and execute marketing programs associated with the growth of the TIGO brand, revenue growth and market share.
As the main brand custodian, this position will oversee the development and adherence of Brand guidelines for all communication channels and be part of commercial propositions development to ensure that the products/services are in line with the brand positioning.
It is the focal point of all communications internal and external, designs, concepts, directions, events, sponsorships, visibility and activations ensuring that they are all in line to support the brand positioning.
WE LEAD AND CONTRIBUTE.
by connecting, by owning, by delivering, by change and by vision. We live our values of trust, Passion, simplicity, integrity, and innovation.
- Brand Strategy
- Brand Guidelines
- Product & Brand Communication
- Institutional Communication
- Build Brand Strategy to align Tigo to the desired Brand position, across all segments and categories
- Apply brand guiding principles and ensure brand image sustainability
- Guaranteed delivery on brand promise and maintenance of brand consistency.
- Manage brand equity
- Develop brand positioning tactics
- Analyze product/service and campaigns performance and prepare market feedback report
- Together with CU Manager, responsible to execute research plans to cover all Brand aspects required to design high performance campaigns.
- Own and Administrate A&P budget to support brand and business units
- Execute Brand training plans for different business units.
- Define and validate creative brief for both ATL and tactical campaigns; and develop communication strategy guidelines for the same.
- Provide overall direction/validate media strategies for both traditional and digital to ensure are inline with the business and communications objectives
- Is responsible for an effective flow of information about commercial strategy, plans and results to all employees
- Meets with the Global Categories to design Brand strategy for each product
- Perform all managerial HR tasks in accordance with Tigo People policies
- Is responsible for the department to work effectively as a team
- Ensure successor planning and management development
- Is responsible for own development
- Reports on business performance in relations to commercial/brand communication objectives.
- Translates organizational goals into departmental strategic plan in cooperation with the managers or team leaders and ensures the business planning process is effectively performed
- Reports on brand performance
- Translates consumer strategy into action plan in cooperation with the brand specialists
- Is responsible for long term staff planning and optimal staff planning
- Determines which resources (financial, staffing and organization) and time schedules are required to achieve objectives
- Develop and supervise marketing/communication campaigns both strategic and tactical end to end.
- Define and validate creative brief and supervise the entire creative process for all communication campaigns
- Manage timely campaign launches, events and sponsorships.
- Manage cross functional integration to provide communication solutions for various projects/products.
- Manage Creative, Digital and BTL agencies also responsible for defining creative, activation and engagement briefs to ensure creation of insightful and impactful campaigns
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree, preferably in Marketing, Communication, Business Administration and Engineering
- MBA or master preferably in Marketing
- At least 5 years of proven experience in Product Management or Branding
- Extensive senior marketing and managerial experience preferably in FMCG
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCY
- Core knowledge about marketing-related subjects such as advertising, consumer behavior, marketing strategy, market research.
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in marketing, brand, business management or franchise management experience are required
- Good knowledge in finance and very strong analytical skills.
- Budget preparation and forecasts.
“We are committed to equal employment opportunities and unbiased treatment of all individuals in all employment practices”. Only Successful Candidates will be contacted”
This position is open to people: Local