Position: Data officer (1- Post)
Reports To: Data Manager/Project leader
Work Station: Bagamoyo
Apply By: June 24th 2021
Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is a leading research organization in Africa with a strong track record in developing, testing and validating innovations for health. Driven by a core strategic mandate for research, training and services, the Institute’s work now spans a wide spectrum, covering biomedical and ecological sciences, intervention studies, health-systems research and policy translation.
Ifakara is looking for a qualified and experienced individual to fill the vacant position of Data officer who will work at IHI insectary Bagamoyo to maintain data in the computerized system, perform routine data management on the flow of data from the respective field/ Insectary Activities, and help on data programming, cleaning and data analysis in the projects and support the PI and other staff in managing and interpreting data.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide programming support to projects for electrotonic questionnaire design and deployment.
- Configure server and computer peripherals.
- Analyze data received from field sites.
- Ensure that all raw data generated are fully documented and recorded.
- Assist in writing the final report and ensure the validity of the data in compliance with principles of GLP.
- Prepare and present oral and written reports as required by SD or TFM.
- Travel to the field sites to perform technical troubleshooting, solution implementations or provide supervision.
- Assist and train users in the usage and settings of project tablet and computers.
- Manage and updating VCPTU server.
- Ensure that computerized systems used in the study have been validated.
- Perform other duties assigned by project leader and test facility manager.
Qualification and Experience
Bachelor Degree in science and informatics.
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent communication skills in and English
- Knowledge on research and data management.
- Adhere to IHI core values (Transparency, Accountability, Respect, Integrity and Initiative).
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as per IHI salary scales.
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
Mode of Application
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the email address below.
The deadline for this application is 17:00hrs on Thursday, the 24th of June, 2021. All e-mail application subject lines should include: Data Office – Insectary. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
Human Resources Manager
IFAKARA HEALTH INSTITUTE
#5 Ifakara Street Plot 463 Mikocheni
P.O. Box 78,373
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania