Managing Director- Agriculture
CVPeople Tanzania | Full time
Dar es salaam , Tanzania | Posted on 05/31/2021
Managing Director Managing Director is the Chief Executive Officer of Organization who reports directly to the Board of Trustees and is responsible for delivery of good management of the business, human resources, finance and other assets of the Trust and to oversee the development, communication and implementation of the organization’s strategy. Duties and Responsibilities Business Continuity and Development
1. Reporting to and advising the Board of Trustees on various issues pertaining to the Trust;
- Enhance capacity of Agri-SMES in accessing finance and other business development services;
Growth in financial capacity to better serve agribusiness SMES;
Creating awareness, marketing and building a; strong corporate image to maximize the Trust’s value;
Ensuring that human resource capacity and appropriate management structures and policies are developed within the organization for sustainable growth Maintain External relations and Resource development
1. Networking with external partners including the Government of Tanzania, development partners and other stakeholders
- Ensure relationship between agribusiness and financial institutions strengthens;
Ensuring timely preparation and submission of quality reports to all stakeholders
To act as chief spokesperson of the Trust
Actively seek and secure increased financial resources for further programme expansion and ongoing programme development
Maintain good relations with donor agencies
Ensure donor reports are on time and to a high standard Team Leadership
1. Providing leadership in formulation, implementing and monitoring strategies to facilitate creation and wide accessibility to economically viable products, to ensure sustainability of the Trust;
- Foster the Trust Management culture and social business approach across the Organization team
Plan and budget, with the management team for the Trust human resources requirements to meet its objectives
Directly manage all Senior Management Team (Exco), to include recruitment, induction, performance monitoring, motivation, support to personal development and dealing with disciplinary issue in line with HR and other relevant policies
Ensure that good human resource systems and procedures, in line with best practice, are developed and implemented.
Ensure that skill requirements are identified and that team members receive appropriate training to support them in performing well in their role
Ensure Appropriate and effective external technical assistance is available to provide high quality services.
1. Ensure pass operates efficiently and sustainably.
- Managing overall finances of the Trust (including the Credit Guarantee Fund), mitigating financial risks and utilization of org s assets in compliance with the national laws and regulations, Trust policy to ensure a sustainable organization development in line with the Trust’s mission;
Ensuring management of the Trust’s finances as per the law and the boards instructions which are in line with the Trust’s vision and mission;
Ensure effective financial management and accounting systems, oorg Financial Regulations, national and international standards are established, used, and maintained.
5 Ensure Organization adheres to all local statutory obligations.
- Ensure that management team are provided with and understand key financial and statistical performance information in an timely manner to be used for decision making.
Monitor cash flow and expenditure against budget and ensure corrective action is planned and taken where needed
Key Qualifications and Experience
- A professional agricultural development specialist with extensive field experience in African
agriculture and agribusiness development, financial management and related field.
- A good academic background with a minimum of a Master’s Degree in Agronomy,
Agribusiness, Finance, or related discipline, backed up by extensive experience in business
planning, project analysis, evaluation and monitoring.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience which 5 should be at senior managerial position.
Experience in facilitating lending to SMES including experience in negotiating with Banks.
Experience in commercial banking is an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent managerial and interpersonal-skills and ability to motivate and inspire a pool of staff.
- Have a good presentation skills and familiar with Microsoft office application.
- Have extensive experience in credit guarantee schemes and other financial or non-financial business development services required to accelerate investments in small, micro and medium scale farming and agro enterprises.
- Knowledge in agricultural financing.
- High ethics and integrity.
- Understanding of major policies/ issues of large bilateral/multilateral donors
- Strong working knowledge of business practices and Strategic management experience
- Significant project/ programme management experience gained within the Agricultural value chain
- Experience in leveraging funding from donors
- Demonstrated experience in team management and leadership