SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania is a local non-government organization affiliated to SOS Children’s Villages International, a worldwide child care and protection organization that provides orphaned and destitute children with a permanent home and educational opportunities. Established 60 years ago, SOS Children’s Villages International the umbrella organization, currently has Children’s Villages and other projects in 135 countries around the world. Globally, it runs the SOS Children’s Village Programme which has two main arms, i.e. Family Based Care based at SOS Children’s Villages and Family Strengthening Programmes supporting families in local communities. SOS has been working in the United Republic of Tanzania since 1991, and implements its programs in the following locations Zanzibar, Arusha, Dar es Salaam, Mwanza and Iringa. SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania seeks to recruit suitably qualified candidate to fill the following vacant position.
The mission of this position is to provide leadership in all areas of fund development and communications, which includes i) individual giving ii) corporate partnerships iii) trusts and foundations iv) digital fundraising and v) government subsidies vi.) online communications and print material. This includes responsibility for developing sustainable fundraising strategies and effective communication channels to engage stakeholders and potential donors. This includes supporting the organization in setting clear operating frameworks, identifying new funding opportunities and ensuring fund development is prioritized in terms of both resources and planning.
- Provide close, ‘hands-on’ support to the organization in developing fundraising strategies and sustainable funding streams.
- Provide advice to the National Director on opportunities for increasing the public profile of SOS CV Tanzania potential funding and sponsorship opportunities from philanthropic foundations, trusts, the community, business, corporate, government sectors as well as individuals.
- Coordinate and manage fundraising activities of SOS-Tanzania.
- Develop and implement an annual fundraising plan and budget with comprehensive monthly, quarterly, and annual budgets and financial projections, highlighting the needs and amounts required.
- Support in the preparation and submission of proposals and pitches for acquisition of grants/funds in line with donor guidelines.
- Support the initiation of exchanges and cultivation of partnerships with new individual/corporate donors through representing the organization’s mission/regional objectives. This also includes supporting the organization in maintaining effective donor relations at a country/local level.
- Explore new fundraising markets and opportunities for innovation through research and the development of ‘pilot’ campaigns in strategic funding areas, including online/digital.
- Build contacts and relationships with other NGOs and local CSOs to learn from, share and apply best practice in acquisition and management.
- Support of local and international sponsorship; including coordination and ensure the smooth flow of local sponsors correspondence
- Develop and produce publications including reports, articles, pamphlets,videos and brochures to promote SOS CV Tanzania and its activities. Ensure that adequate stocks of public relations and marketing support materials are available for inclusion in fundraising proposals and distribution.
- Provide public relations and media support for special public events and handling all complaints or queries from the public as directed by the National Director.
- Develop and implement public relations plans for SOS CV TZ, ensuring that all communication is consistent, based on the same global brand framework stressing our roots, vision, mission and values.
- Ensure that the villages regularly submit articles to the National Office for inclusion in newsletters and pamphlets. Ensure that all messages to the media or any other body reflects the image / standards required by the organization.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCES:
- MBA preferred in business, marketing, public relations or related field.
- Five (5) years fund raising experience.
- Advanced Computer skills and expert proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Donor database experience desirable).
- Knowledge of fund raising code of ethics
- An understanding of budgets and financial reporting.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision – self-motivated & confident
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work well with people from all backgrounds with varying degrees of experience.
- Ability to inspire, train, motivate, challenge, and good manage teams skills
- Confident public speaking and able to express ideas verbally and in writing
To apply for this position, send your application letter by email describing how your experience, qualifications and competencies make you the right candidate for this position. Enclose ONLY detailed and updated CV with telephone contacts, email address and details of at least 3 referees. Only contacted candidates for the interview will submit copies of academic, professional certificates and passport size photo. Closing date is 28th May, 2021. To apply please send to;
The National Director SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania.
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Please Note: SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania holds strict child safeguarding principles and a zero-tolerance policy for conducts of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse in the workplace and other places where the organization’s activities are rendered. Parallel to technical competence, recruitment, selection and hiring decisions will give due emphasize to assessing candidates value congruence and thorough background checks, police clearance reference check processes.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted