ECODIT is an international development ﬁrm working with governments, businesses, and local communities to advance environmentally- and socially-responsible development around the world. We provide technical assistance services ranging from quick-turnaround assessments and evaluations to design and implementation of long-term multi-million-dollar projects. Since its founding in 1993, ECODIT has provided professional services through more than 250 projects/contracts to diverse clients in more 50 countries. Building on our track record of success, we have continuously expanded the depth and breadth of our expertise in the water, energy, environment, and urban and local governance sectors.
ECODIT seeks applications for various long- and short-term positions for the anticipated USAID Tanzania Marine Conservation Activity – Heshimu Bahari which will seek to support and strengthen capacity for marine biodiversity conservation to i) build the capacity of public sector and civil society; ii) increase private sector engagement in marine conservation and coastal natural resources management; iii) improve the enabling environment for MPAs and Fisheries management at all levels; and iv) enhance data availability and use in decision making.
ECODIT seeks qualified Tanzanian and third country nationals with experience living and working in Tanzania to support a range of activities over the life of the project, per the following requirements
- This is expected to be a five-year activity.
- A Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in biodiversity conservation, marine biology, public policy, or another relevant field. Advanced degree preferred;
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience leading or supporting donor-funded conservation activities in Tanzania and/or East Africa, experience with USAID projects preferred;
- Strong technical knowledge of and experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Marine Conservation Biology
- Marine and Coastal Tourism Development
- Economic Growth
- Private Sector Engagement
- Marine Wildlife Related Crime
- Natural Resource Management
- Coastal Forestry Management
- Wild-Caught Fisheries Production
- Enhanced/ Improved Fisheries Management
- Public Policy
- Management/Protection of endangered, threatened and protected (ETP) habitats and species;
- Conservation Financing
- Youth Engagement
- Environmental and Social Impact Assessment
- Gender and Social Inclusion
- Communications and Outreach
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL)
- Administration and Finance
- Strong project management skills, along with highly developed interpersonal skills, analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; and
- Written and verbal fluency in Swahili or other local dialects is highly desirable.
To apply, please send a cover letter and updated resume/CV in English through the “Our Jobs” page of ECODIT’s website. Please note that positions are contingent upon contract award. Applications will be received and reviewed on a rolling basis. Applicants who fail to meet the application criteria may be disqualified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.