The East African Community is a regional intergovernmental organization comprising the Republic of Burundi, the Republic of Kenya, the Republic of Rwanda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Republic of South Sudan and the Republic of Uganda with its Headquarters in Arusha, Tanzania.
The EAC mission is to widen and deepen economic, political, social and cultural integration to improve the quality of life of the people of East Africa through increased competitiveness, value added production, trade and investments.
This is an exciting opportunity for highly motivated and result-driven professionals who are citizens of East African Community Partner States (Burundi, Rwanda, South Sudan and Uganda) to apply for the following position tenable at East African Community-Secretariat.
NETWORK ASSISTANT (1 post)
Grade : G 4
Reports to : Senior Systems Analyst
Duty Station : EAC Headquarters – Arusha, Tanzania
Main Purpose of the Job:
To plan and implement an effective and efficient Information Systems support programmes and carries out support and maintenance of IT equipment and systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical help desk support to all computer users and ensure smooth operations of help desk support services;
- Day to day administration of existing information systems to ensure that IT is best utilized to support business operations and manage all systems administration;
- Maintain, upgrade or enhance existing user systems; troubleshoot and provide continuing user support, to include resolving problems, advising on the use of new techniques; consult users facing technical problems to identify appropriate solutions;
- Carry out routine upgrades of software systems (applications, security software and operating systems);
- Participate in implementation and commissioning of data and voice communications projects;
- Develop maintenance procedures in order to improve performance and reliability;
- Measure data traffic and introduce measures to get rid of bottlenecks;
- Implement safety and security procedures;
- Assist in the design, implementation, management and maintenance of LAN and WAN networks in the organization; Configure and fine-tune LAN and WAN equipment to achieve optimum performance;
- Assist vendors during regular maintenance of ICT equipment; and
- Evaluate the LAN resources and present analysis and technical recommendations for the acquisition of new equipment.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by management
Qualifications and Experience:
Diploma in Computer Science/Telecommunication Engineering/ Software Engineering or equivalent.
Minimum 5 years relevant work experience.
Skills and Competencies:
Good interpersonal Skills and Ability to work under minimum supervision
Must be Innovative, a team player, have high level of integrity, and demonstrate confidentiality
Eligibility for applications:
Only applicants from all EAC Partner from Republic of Rwanda, Burundi, Uganda and South Sudan are eligible to apply for the above position.
Terms and Conditions of Service:
The above position is tenable for a contract of five (5) years renewable .
This position is subject to the application of the Quota System .
The established posts offer attractive fringe benefits including housing allowance, transport allowance, education allowance, a medical scheme, and insurance cover.
All candidates applying must have qualifications that are recognized by the relevant national accreditation body in their respective Partner State. This condition is applicable for locally and internationally attained qualifications.
All professions that require registration with the specific professional bodies will be expected to do so in compliance with the requirements of their respective Partner States.
Relevant Working Experience:
Internship, training and apprenticeship will not be considered as relevant work experience.
The EAC is an equal opportunity employer; therefore, female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply. EAC will only respond to those candidates who strictly meet the set requirements.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates who meet the qualification and experience requirements for the above mentioned position are advised to :
Fill in the application form attached ();
attach their application letter, a detailed CV, Copies of certified academic certificates , and a copy of National Identity Card or Passport in PDF format scanned in one (1) file.
Please quote the respective reference number on both the application letter and envelope.
For electronic submission, please quote the respective reference number on the subject of the email and send to the address given below.
Applications should be submitted to the address below not later than Friday, 11th June 2021.
1. You may submit your application either electronically or in hard copy but not both.
2. Applications which do not :
have EAC application form;
indicate nationality and age;
have the reference number;
or have an application letter attached;
have certified copies of their academic degrees and other professional Certificates;
or fail to provide three referees will be disqualified.
3. Only qualified candidates will be contacted
4. EAC Staff Rules and Regulations preclude considerations of applicants above 55 years of age.
Please note that EAC does not require candidates to pay money for the recruitment process. All invitations for interviews will be done in writing.
A due diligence will be conducted for all successful candidates in respect of their academic certificates (certification by a recognized higher education body in respective Partner States) and employment records .
The Secretary General
East African Community
P. o Box 1096
Arusha – Tanzania.
Tel: +255 27 2162100
Fax: +255 27 2162190