Senior Manager – Fundraising and Resource Acquisition
CVPeople Tanzania | Full time
Dar es salaam , Tanzania | Posted on 05/27/2021
- Working with the Country Representative, lead the development, coordination and management of strategic partnerships, with stakeholders such as donors and development agencies
- Creatively provide a platform for engaging potential donors and ensure is well marketed among donors and partners as a credible development partner for purposes of securing funding for Projects.
- Collaborate with the community of practice at wider International and at the Africa Regional Office, and its Affiliates to ensure alignments and invest strategy in the most relevant, strategic, and likely to win opportunities.
Fundraising and Proposal Development:
- Lead on strengthening needs identification, concept, and proposal development capacity across among program and Fundraising staff .
- With support from Country Representative, lead in pro-active engagement with key stakeholders, including government, private sector, and donors, on resource mobilization.
- Lead in review and strengthening of the Country Fund Raising Strategy, specifically ensuring ourorganisation in Tanzania has a clear donor map for purposes of understanding of the donor landscape, including donors, stakeholders, INGOs, and programmes that work in thematic areas
- Lead in the proposal development process, including design, writing, submission, as well as strategic pre-positioning and post-submission negotiations; Work collaboratively with focal persons at HQ and Africa Region to manage existing tools and develop others to ensure high quality business development practices in Tanzania Programs.
- Ensure that all proposals are approved through BI’s Programme Development Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Research and Maintain detailed information about all current and potential donors including their funding priorities, history with the organization, proposal documents, milestones and upcoming deadlines to support the organization ‘s overall strategy
Grants Management and Reporting:
- Provide quality controls/reviews on all Project reports and ensure alignment to donor needs
- Track deadlines, deliverables and requirement of existing grants and proactively communicate with Project Managers.
- Support Project/Program Managers to prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual progress/narrative reports as per the donor requirements
Build Capacity of Programs staff on Grants Management as well as various donor requirements so as to position as an organization of choice among donors and partners.
Program Review and Learning
- Coordinate with Programs and M&E team and ensure all grants are reviewed as per donor requirements and lessons learnt documented and shared to build capacity of Projects/Programs teams.
- Collect, translate, and compile case studies as required to increase program exposure.
- Support the Programs teams in preparing written and statistical reports for various audience
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (KPIs)
- Annual grants porfotolio growth of atleast US5million/year proposal win rate and donors rentetion rate above 75% for both cases
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Project Management, Sociology, or any relevant qualifications suitable for this role.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in an international development environment that includes leading roles in partnership management, negotiations, programme development (including proposal development), and innovative
- Experience of management of (or working within) diverse teams including utilization of capacity building, coaching, and mentoring skills.
- Traceable experience in writing winning proposals for various donors
- Traceable experience in working with various donors and especially creating consortia with both NNGOs and INGOs in Tanzania.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
A well-honed ability to think and operate strategically Graduate degree in International Relations, Management, International Development, Economics, Business Development, or any other relevant field