CVPeople Tanzania | Full time
Risk & Compliance Manager
Dar es Salaam , Tanzania | Posted on 05/04/2021
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES;
- Assists management with integrating risk management with the strategy development process
- Take charge of risk detection, assessment and mitigation strategies ensuring these aspects are embedded into the operations of the Bank.
- Assists in developing risk mitigation strategies for the CDBL’s critical risks and for monitoring these risks
- Coordinate the Development of Risk Management Program accordance with Bank of Tanzania Risk management Guideline
- Works with business units to establish, maintain and continuously improve risk management capabilities
- Facilitates enterprise-wide risk assessments and monitors priority risks across the CDBL.
- Implements appropriate risk reporting to the CEO, Management and Board of Directors.
- Ensures effective alignment between the CDBL process and internal audit and risk financing.
- Conducts risk management education and training from time to time
- Document risk assessment and supervise thresholds and initiate responses in case of warnings.
- Ensuring that the bank’s risk framework is in compliance with Bank of Tanzania prudential guideline Basel II norms
- Overall overseer of possible risk
- Developing and establishing systems, policies and procedures to identify, control, manage and measure risk
- Develop risk assessment and measurement system
- Develop risk tolerance limits for senior Management and board approval
- Develops and periodically reviews and updates Standards of Conduct to ensure continuing currency and relevance in providing guidance to management and employees.
- Develop initiates, maintains, and revises policies and procedures for the general operation of the Compliance Program and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct. Manages day-to-day operation of the Program.
- Collaborates with other departments (e.g., Risk Management, Internal Audit, Employee Services, etc.) to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution. Consults with the CDBL’s Legal Department as needed to resolve difficult legal compliance issues.
- Responds to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and Standards of Conduct by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures. Develops and oversees a system for uniform handling of such violations.
- Acts as an independent review and evaluation body to ensure that compliance Issues/concerns within the organization are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved.
- Monitors, and as necessary, coordinates compliance activities of other departments to remain abreast of the status of all compliance activities and to identify trends.
- Identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develops/implements corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provides general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Provides reports on a regular basis, and as directed or requested, to keep the Corporate Compliance Committee of the Board and senior management informed of the operation and progress of compliance efforts.
- Ensures proper reporting of violations or potential violations to duly authorized enforcement agencies as appropriate and/or required.
- Establishes and provides direction and management of the compliance Hotline.
- Institutes and maintains an effective compliance communication program for the organization, including promoting (a) use of the Compliance Hotline; (b) heightened awareness of Standards of Conduct, and (c) understanding of new and existing compliance issues and related policies and procedures.
- Works with the Human Resources Division and others as appropriate to develop an effective compliance training program, including appropriate introductory training for new employees as well as ongoing training for all employees and managers.
- Monitors the performance of the Compliance Program and relates activities on a continuing basis, taking appropriate steps to improve its effectiveness.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the CEO
Holder of Master’s degree in Economics, Commerce, Business Administration, Accounting, Statistics, Banking or equivalent from a recognized Institution with not less than 7 years working experience in Banking industry 3 of which should be at Senior Managerial level.