CVPeople Tanzania | Full time
Head of ICT and Operations
Dar es salaam , Tanzania | Posted on 05/04/2021
- Heading the ICT and operations Department.
- Responsible to offer the first line of support for the core Banking system and all other systems for the entire Bank. This includes monitoring and execution of the functions of all ICT business enablers of the Bank and supervising officers in the ICT unit.
- Collaborates with appropriate departments to assess and recommend technologies that support Bank’s organizational needs.
- Shares responsibility for the formulation and implementation of the Bank’s strategic plan by active participation as an Executive team member in strategy planning forums as the digital and IT subject matter expert.
- Develops and executes the digital and technology strategic and operating plan to support and enhance Bank’s strategic ambitions and business requirements, focusing resources so that cost effectiveness and optimum customer service experiences are achieved. Foster innovation, prioritizing IT initiatives, and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future IT systems
- Establishes and sets short and long-range objectives for the digital strategy for the Bank and gain buy-in of the various stakeholders and establishing criteria for monitoring progress and measuring success.
- Defines and executes a strategy for the core banking systems/platforms/networks that is cost effective, reduces complexity and improves speed to market of new product delivery.
- Communicates Bank’s technology strategy to management, staff, partners, and stakeholders as and when appropriate.
- Oversees the management of customer service and support processes for technology-based services.
- Acts as an IT and digital pathfinder, interprets critical business drivers, conducts research, maintains an understanding of current banking/financial services industry trends, consults and participates in peer review in order to develop long-term plans and to provide a framework for decision-making in respect of Information Technology delivery.
- Ensure technology is accessible and equipped with current hardware and software.
- Advise and/ or negotiate with vendors and service contractors to ensure high level of return consistent with services rendered.
- Preparation of an ICT strategy to support business growth in line with the bank’s Strategic plan.
- Create and maintain documentation for supported ICT systems in accordance with ICT policy standards.
- Ensuring adherence with software licensing laws and Oversee all technology operations including networks, compute infrastructure, Databases, Banking applications and deploy & operate them according to established goals.
- Advise and establish IT policies and systems to support the implementation of strategies set by the Board.
- Translate business needs to determine technology requirements.
- Responsible for BCPRequirements
Holder of Bachelor Degree in Computer Science with at least 10 years working experience 3 of which must be at Senior Managerial level.